Sunday, May 4, 2008

Capt Mac N. Cheese of the SFFD

Canon was eating lunch the other day when Ty brought him his fireman hat...is he not the cutest thing you ever saw?!

Canonhat1 Canonhat2

Canonhat3IMG_6321 

He reminds me everyday why I love this age so much. His personality is huge. He is the sweetest baby I think I have ever seen ..and he loves his mommy :)

Some of our current favorite Canonisms...

  • He LOVES to dance...he plants one foot, and pivets on it while keeping beat with the other foot. He ends up turning in a circle ..so cute.
  • He is talking up a storm. Some of our favorites, "thump" (jump), "mAmA", "buba" (ty), "byeeeee" or "bye-bye", "done", "whoa!", "baple" (apple), "hot"
  • Variations of "na" mean different things. Strangely, I have all but mastered it. "Na?" (can I have a drink?), "NA NA!" (usually directed at Ty, meaning NO NO) ..there are more but you get the picture
  • He LOVES to have his ears cleaned with qtips (I know..I am bad). He sits on my lap after his bath and leans his head on my chest for me to clean them out
  • He loves to help, especially "clean up" and "help mommy push" ..he grunts and everything. Very cute.
  • He LOVES to take showers - he will stand under the water for a solid 3 minutes and not move when he first gets in, then he goes to filling up each of his Measure Up cups one by one
  • He runs SUPER fast ..its hysterical.
  • He likes to stand on the chair on the other side of the bar and talk to me while I cook
  • He does a version of "brrrr" for things that are cold. Its really high pitched and he clenches his fists and shakes.
  • He makes the "face"..I will work on getting that for ya ..so funny.
  • He loves to come to bed with me first thing in the morning and lay his head on my chest. He is a cuddler. So sweet.
  • He says "Love you" with kisses instead of words (currently he is cutting teeth and we have LOTS o' snot.. we arent encouraging much of this right now)
  • He is into EVERYTHING ..every door, cabinet, water source must be secured when he is around. He and the dog keep my life interesting
  • He and Ty love to play outside together. We tell him to go "play" and he goes looking for Ty
  • If we yell for Ty he will follow us and say, "Buba!" ..."Ty Ty!"
  • He wants to look at the screen after we take a picture ..he knows that he gets to see himself
  • He has become attached to his "blankie" and his paci (more now then he ever was when he was a baby)
  • He is the easiest baby to put to bed ..when he is ready he just grabs his blankie, a paci and he is out
  • He signs "please", "more", "bird", "airplane" and "give it to me"
  • He doesnt know that people dont understand what he says. Or, he doesnt care. He babbles for minutes at a time with hand jestures, inflection, facial expression. So funny. He and the cable guy had a great talk the other day.

There are so many things that make me love, LOVE this precious little boy. But, to close I must tell one more story ..

I undressed him for his bath the other night, Ty had already gotten in the bath. I pulled his shirt off, his pants off and he was anxious to get his diaper off. I pulled that off and he went immediately over to the toilet, lifted the lid, jutted his belly out towards the bowl, looked down at his little "self" (which was about a foot lower than the edge of the bowl) and stood there motionless for about 10 seconds.

I about died laughing.

Its a ritual now. Every time we get in the bath Canon goes through the motion of "going potty" like brother. My favorite is the pause..I wonder if he knows what he is waiting for :)

2 comments:

jennyc said...

He is WAY cute and I loved reading your list of things you love about this stage! It really does get better and better. I just wonder someday when our boys are adults if we will always see those baby faces and sweet mannerisms!

Mary J said...

I still can't believe how fast they grow up!