Friday, August 21, 2009

Broken Arm ..but not Broken Dreams

Ty chose green for his cast color ...one he started pondering the second that mommy mentioned the possibility of his arm being broke.

When the cast tech asked Ty what color, he answered an affirmative, "green!" The follow up question was, "bright green, or brighter green?"

Duh.

Ty was excited that he got his cast on Wednesday because he got to take it to church that night and have all this buddies sign it. One of his first signatures was David Clayton, our pulpit minister. Both Ty and David seemed to get a lot out of that experience :)

Today, after a week and half he finally got Joey's signature (Ty's BFF) so all is complete :)

IMG_0030 (Medium)

It really hasnt slowed him down, one bit. This week, I was reading on the couch and I heard Ty instructing Canon to stand still because it was "daytime."

I started paying attention, and learned that they were playing "Night at the Museum" - and Ty had laid pillows all over the floor and was using them as statue stands. He was dressed up like a cowboy and had Canon dressed the same. He was instructing him that he was time to be still because the sun was coming up!

I didnt let them know that I had caught on, fearing they would stop playing so imaginative :) I asked him later to pose for me ...

IMG_0032 (Medium) IMG_0031 (Medium)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny! Ty is so creative! I love hearing about his imagination.

And your comment on my blog about Uncle Mike was right on. That is SO something Uncle Mike would do. It's like you knew him:).

Brandi said...

Ha! I finally got to see the "of course bright green!" cast this Sunday, and full of signatures too I might add. I learned that it in fact is smellier than Canon's. Didn't know that was possible, but should I have been surprised? Hardly! Once again, just a glimpse into our future at the Greene house.