Our Tyler Wesley turned 5 years old yesterday. He is every bit the 5 year old that he has dreamed of being for well over a year.
He had simple requests for his birthday. He wanted to go to "Big Toy" - a special big-kid park we recently discovered. He wanted to go "somewhere special for lunch, like Chikfila or McDonald's". And, he wanted a "Spike the Dinosaur" - a toy he found at Walmart about 3 months ago, and hasnt forgotten for a minute since.
He had talked about a slumber party with Joey, but apparently the closer they got to their 5th birthday the more they shied away from that idea :) Apparently being 5 doesnt make you as fearless as they originally thought it would (they have been saying that they would spend the night with each other "when we turn 5" for about a year now :).
Though part of me feels a little nostalgic for baby days, I mostly am so in love with this little man, and the depth of character and uniqueness that he already has in abundance.
I know there is much to learn and grow in this little person of mine, but for now I know these things ...
* Ty is compassionate and kind - his little heart melts at others' suffering (except Canon's) and usually will do what he can to make it better
* He is a problem solver - you can almost see his little mind work when he is faced with a challenge, no matter how big
* He is not easily intimidated - be it bigger kids, big problems. long reading lessons, a big mess (okay, that one sometimes), he usually faces it head on and with little fear
* He is a leader, but doesnt know it yet. He will follow if he wants to, but doesnt mind doing his own thing. I see often other kids following his lead, while he is blissfully just doing what he wants to be doing :)
* He has an imagination, like nothing else. He can play by himself for long amounts of time, coming up with complex stories for his GI Joe guys, his army men, his animals or whatever thing he can find to add to his pretend world.
* He is a Wii champion.
* He is all boy - busy, jumping, running, dirty, into stuff, competitive, loves typical boy things
* He is a great reader - he is picking up reading and his math very well, and I can take very little credit. He is a natural learner.
* He is a great helper, especially when it is his idea, or at the very least he thinks he is :)
* He loves his brother.
* He worships his Daddy.
This kid is awesome, and I cant wait to see what God does with him :)
Happy Birthday, Tyty!
1 comment:
If ever you look at the boys (mine) and think "oh yah, I remember when...." just know that on the flip side I look at your Tyler and think "I wonder if someday..." and look forward to the discoveries of years 2,3,4 ect. I love that you share all of the "Ty-isms" and look forward to more. Happy Birthday Mr. big 5 year old!!
Post a Comment