Saturday, June 12, 2010

Perfect ..I am Not

Part of living a life of less stress, is letting go of the things that are not in our control. These days I have to practice this on a very regular basis ..because this is where I am right now:

Having just had a baby 5 weeks ago, my third boy. I have two other very busy boys (3 and 5).  I am a married woman.. all of those people wear clothes and eat.

I have a home with three bedrooms, a playroom, a living room, a kitchen and three bathrooms ..all those rooms have floors, all those bathrooms have toilets that are used regularly, and all of them collect dust.

I homeschool my kids ...which means I have to teach them all something

We have busy lives..so I have to go places with all those aforementioned people.

We love our church family..so we have classes, events, potlucks, picnics and church services

I am a sister and daughter ..so my mind and heart is often full with family who is far away

I have wonderful friends ...and so we have playdates, phone calls and the occasional moms night out

I love to write..and so get to give time to doing so

I am a christian mom, wife, daughter, sister and friend ...so I must take time to ponder, pray, read and study


So, I dont have the time or the energy to be perfect.


So, yes ... there are half-eaten english muffins on my dryer ...



and fingerprints on my walls ...

and there are ice cream cones on the shelf ...



and my mini-van is a mess ...

and paint brushes that were attempted to be cleaned sitting on the sink in the guest bathroom ...



...my bathrooms are less than stellar

...I dont iron

...and I couldnt tell you the last time I made my bed


Somedays, my resources do not allow for attention to those areas. Hopefully soon they will, but for today I have to be okay with my imperfectness.

Its not easy, because I am constantly comparing myself, my home, my time, my talents and my resources with the me I wish I was.  But for today, O Lord, let me be okay with being everything you need me to be and less focused on the things that are just part of the wonderful life of chaos I have right now.


"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."  
2 Corinthians 12:9

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I love, love, love this post!! It's "PERFECT!" hee hee