Saturday, November 13, 2010

Auntie Lace

The couple days after the Caillouets pulled out, Auntie Lace joined us from Texas :) We started our fun few days in Savannah, where we picked her up at the airport.  I had been hassling Adrian to take me there for a few years now, so I finally had a good excuse to check out the beautiful downtown area.

Since I had a history appreciator (probably not a word..but you get the idea) with me I enjoyed the experience all the more :)  We loved walking up the street by the river, listening to the street performers ...one of which Canon walked right up to and asked to play his "favorite song". The trombone player sweetly played "If You're Happy and You Know It" for Canon :)



We also went to lunch at the Pirate House ..it was a fun place to be for little boys how think that pirates are awesome :) The model ships and the "dungeon" were their favorites. 

Back at home, we checked out downtown Charleston (again, appreciating history and downtown's significance makes it such a great place!) And had some fun wading in the pineapple fountain :)



Next time we see Auntie Lace, we hope to get to see our cousins as well ...but it was really fun to have her to ourselves this time around :)

1 comment:

Kim said...

Yay! I loved catching up on all your blogs. Your pictures are beautiful, as usual--of course, you have great subject matter:). I'm glad you had such good visits with your family, and I enjoyed spending time with Lacey and Amber, as well. Fun times!