So, I went in to the HR office yesterday, spent 2 hours getting my employee physical, writing my name/address/phone number/ss# 1300 times! etc, etc, etc.
I am now an employee of somewhere! A little scarey, I must admit.
Most scarey is just how how this orientation phase will work - though, thanks to my in-laws the first two (and most stressful) weeks will be MUCH less so as they are coming then to keep the kids.
The first week, starting the 14th, is hospital orientation. Lots of blah, blah stuff but looking at the schedule, lots of the stuff I was worried about having to recall and get used to again will be covered then. Thank goodness.
Its 40 hours that week..but hey, they are paying me by the hour at full base pay, and my kids will be fine, so...no complaints.
The following 2-3 weeks (Dottie, the CCU manager is leaving it up to me) is actually in the CCU and its the part I am most looking forward to. Getting my feet wet again, and seeing if I remember anything :)
And, the girls are so great. Surely, they are not as excited about me coming back as they act like they are. The whole lot of them act like its the greatest thing thats ever happened to them...I love it. They make me feel good, and less stressed about going back.
MEANWHILE, I am working on the Ladies Retreat with Sharon at church. It is in February, and my mom is the speaker. So..we got lots to do, and not alot of time to do it. I have been mentally working on it for several months so that part is done. Now its just the DOING it part.
It will be good, I think. I want for lots of the younger crowd to participate, so if this applies to you...please come!
Anyways..our blog has been a little wordy, less picturey..I will work on fixing that. Adrian is a big camera buff and all the pictures are taken in RAW and are huge files and require downloading, coverting and blah blah..they are great, but take so long to make it to the blog.
I will work on it though. I promise.
3 comments:
I'm planning on being there! So is Erica and Becky!
Wish I could be at the retreat. I would love to hear your mom speak! Have fun!
Oh and thanks for adding me to your links. I just noticed!
Post a Comment