Tuesday, May 6, 2008

DeSTRESS: Good Stress

So, lets be honest.

Kids are stressful.

They stress our environment, they take away our sleep, they weigh on our hearts and fill our hearts with such a wide range of emotions I think I will lose my mind some days.

They fill every moment of our time, and require us to duplicate jobs to such a degree that it seems we will never catch up.

They place on us such responsibility that we feel overwhelmed with the sheer eternity of it .

They stress our marriages, and call us to work harder, longer and with more passion at the relationship we did easily before.

They make us feel inadquate and exhausted.

They draw from our hearts and the very depth of our souls such emotions of fear of loss, fear of failure, fear of harm...such prayers of protection and hope for their futures.

Children are stressful.

But, you cant get over them, get rid of them, get control of them (not 100% of the time), get them done (you are never done being a mom) ...all we can do is give them to God everyday.

And, be grateful..so grateful that He has given us this stress in our lives!

When you pray, before you decide on a plan of attack..remember to be thankful you have that stress.

Without it we would be less stressed..to be sure. But we would never feel this thing called motherhood ...which is worth every bit of it when its all said and done.

So, Happy Early Mothers Day to all you mothers and mothers-to-be..we are so blessed to be STRESSED!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Amen!! Bring on the stress...a double order if you please. I'll take it.

Amy said...

You know I was thinking the same thing tonight. I was working on pictures that I had taken of Belle recently and I really was getting caught up in her beauty and uniqueness. I have been noticing that I am doing that a lot more lately...she drives me absolutely BONKERS but the kid can melt my heart like NO ONE ELSE. I love everything about her. And you know, that little streak in her that is as stubborn as a mule...that will be good for her later on in life. I am collecting my thoughts to blog on her later, but I would say if I am 'FOCUSED' enough on HER and not what she is doing (creating messes, climbing, hitting her sister, throwing water out of the tub, dumping out her clothes drawers, emptying out her jewelry box...you get the picture) then I realize she isn't nearly as much of a stress as a blessing. :)