I speak specifically to a certain friend of mine who will be doing THIS x 2 in about 19 months from now:
So, Ty comes into the office today where I was working and had been for all of about 10 minutes or less and "mentions" that Canon had "broken" his marker.
"What?" ..I ask.
"What marker?" I say as he leads me to the front room where the little culprit runs away at the sight of me.
Oh, that marker.
The ones that his older brother assisted him in getting down from the art box which was put up enough to keep Canon from doing the very thing he has done.
"Breaking" the marker is the least of our problems.
The evidence clearly shows a nice stroll from the office (again, I dont know how I missed this because that is where I was), down the hallway, through the living room, past the couch, the toy box and the dog.
No lie. The kid has marked on every surface he encountered on this walk.
The door frames, the walls (all of them), the toys in the toy box, the couch..both of them, the couch pillows, the books beside the couch, the table, and no kidding..the dog.
THAT was with all one color. He chose to use ALL the colors on his legs, hands and arms.
THANKFULLY, it was a Crayola washable one..cause someone would have died otherwise.
So. Laugh now my friend, its coming your way. Kiss that white carpet goodbye sista! :)
6 comments:
Of course my very first thought was "please say the marker was washable, those walls look so beautiful with the new paint." Then I laughed hysterically because even the dog fell victim. (What out poor Doby! You're about to be outnumbered.) The next thought was of the book "Harold and the Purple Crayon"...ever read that when you were little? And finally, I just keep giggling thinking...when these moments which are sure to come, doubly that is, do in fact get here, I'll no doubt be reminding myself that it has all happened before, to a great friend of mine, and she survived, as well as both of her boys. Thoughts of fly-eating, getting into garbages, gum chewing from unmentionable sources, razor cuts on foreheads thanks to brother, dog food spilling and yes, drawing on surfaces not meant for markers, will help me get through. Because after all, I'll remember two sweet boys who've "been there and done that" and are still as adorable as can be. Last thought... I don't think Mother's Day quite cuts it...perhaps it should be more like Mother's Month, or even Mother's Year. Love you, Brandi
OMG!!!! As I was reading this all I could think of was your newly painted walls!!!! Alas, thank God for washable markers!
Oh ... yes ... what sweet memories I have of YOU doing the same thing. Only, Crayola Washable Markers had not been invented (cause you're pretty old) but Marks-a-lot HAD. So several coats of paint that did not cover the life-size mural on the wall, many hours of sanding to the wallboard and several MORE coats of paint, it finally was back to new ... mostly. Too bad I wasn't smart enough to take pictures ... did you???? Love you, mom
Markers aren't just for boys...My girls always had radar for Shapies! I could have them hidden in drawers and they knew exactly where to find them! An 18 month Olivia ruined an outfit that was new with a blue sharpie. She also wrote on every mega block (on each side I might add) and on every sheet of paper in a notepad...as well as her face, arms, and cheeks--because you know, blue is the BEST blush color ever! :)
I am laughing! Give that sweet boy a kiss for me! It makes you wonder what they he was thinking as he ran the marker down the hall, dog, couch,...etc. What is going through his little head? "OOHHH Mommy needs my help adding color to these newly painted walls", "Maybe if Ty doesn't tattle she wont know that it was me", or maybe it is just as simple as "Look at the pretty colors!" I know you must have been ready to stangle him, but good for you that you can laugh at it and move on. Love ya
yes..move on. THATS what I did :)
And, yes mom..I didnt expect much sympathy from you :)
And all..yes, I did thank God for washable markers yesterday! :)
Post a Comment