Sunday, May 11, 2008

Its ALL about ME!

Or so my sweet friends and family would have me think :)

I wish everyone turning 30 could have this much attention cause if they did, they wouldnt mind it as much! :)

My "birthday week" as Dana referred to it (a great idea, if you ask me) was filled with sweet thoughts, well wishes and condolences for my rush toward the "downhill" part of life (I am a few years away..though it seems much closer than it did about a week ago!). 

On TUESDAY Dana sweetly helped our Mommy and Me group celebrate with me by making cupcakes which we ate at our picnic in the park :)

Then, on WEDNESDAY when Tracy sweetly helped my Ladies Bible Class celebrate by also making her very special "pudding" cupcakes. Kim helped with that one too..thanks girls!

These were all orchestrated by the very ones were secretly helping my sweet husband plan an elaborate SUPRISE birthday party for me on FRIDAY!

Why they thought I was so worthy of all this attention, I dont know, but I will TAKE it! :)

Dana and Adrian worked tirelessly at secretly planning all the details of my party including how the would get me out of the house, keep me gone, get everyone TO my house (thank GOODNESS I cleaned house ..a little BDay present to myself!), getting the cars parked so that I didnt see them when we drove up, get everyone fed, the house decorated and everyone ready for the big SUPRISE when I walked into my own house!

There was alot of story telling, and hiding of tracks ..but I applaud their ability to work together to pull one over on me  (as long as it stops at planning surprise parties for me..I am watching you two!) :)

They pulled it off great and I had a wonderful realization that I am married to a wonderful man, have great friends, am SO blessed ..and I love finger foods :)

You would THINK the drama ended there, but alas. About 10 minutes into the party, Ty sliced his finger with the measuring tape he and friend were wrestling over (note to moms..bad idea). After a bloody parade through the house, a little screaming, some drama induced gasping and a consult with our Dr friend..we determined a trip to the ER on mommy's birthday might be in order :)

We left with as much drama as we arrived with..and returned about 30 minutes later when holding pressure on it for a bit and a some well applied bandages made us feel like we could forgo the 4 hour wait in the ER.

Such drama.

These are good days, and I am so blessed...take a look.

Blow Candles goodfriends

sweetbabies

canonbite (Medium)

And, you cant see all the details but I must brag on my husband who made an incredibly creative invitation for the party..it looks like an actual ticket. I am seriously impressed :)

bday001

Life is good.

I dont know what everyone complains about turning 30..its been a blast so far :)

Hunny..you can start planning Our Seven Year Anniversary Party for next week now! :)

4 comments:

Greg said...

Yay! Happy birthday! I hate that I had to miss it. We had dinner group at our house that night, but I REALLY wanted to come. Glad it was fun! And yes, I complimented Adrian on his invitation/ticket making ability, also. Heaven only knows how much time went into that...but it looked great!

Brandi said...

It was such fun keeping a good secret like that from you...hee hee! I'm so glad you were surprised and that it all came together so well, until the finger slicing incident that is. Ben & I just looked at one another and said "get ready, it's us next ya know."
And I'm glad we were able to celebrate with you, and especially glad Adrian captured me stuffing my face with a cupcake. Oh the love!
Happy 30th year!!!! love, Brandi

Christie said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry I didn't get that said to you last week! I'm glad to hear that you had a great birth-week. And I'm glad to hear that you are cool with turning 30. I turned 30 last fall and couldn't really understand what everyone gets so worked up about, I've had 30 great and wonderfully blessed years, how can I complain? So happy for you!! -Christie

Amy said...

How awesome you didn't pick up on any of that! And tell Adrian he did awesome on the invitation! I agree, birthday weeks are the best! My kids seem to get birthday months...LOL. :)