Thursday, May 21, 2009

My Favorite Things

If I were Oprah I would buy every one of you these things that I am currently in love with ...

  • My Haan Steam Mop ..didnt know I needed one until I borrowed one from a friend. I fell in love. Its an awesome tool that doesnt use any cleaner. It uses water only to steam clean your hard wood, laminate, vinyl or ceramic floors. I used the H2O Mop first. It was okay, but left the floor really wet (like a normal mop job) and it was pretty heavy. When I overheated the one of those I borrowed :) I had to replace it and also wanted to get me one. In the process, I learned that the best one I could get performance wise was the Haan. I bought it on QVC, having never seen the infommerical for it there, but it was the cheapest price at $77.00 ($84 with shipping). It doesnt even compare to the H2O Mop. It makes more steam, and my kids can literally run circles around me while I am mopping it leaves my floors so dry. I use it everyday ..Love.it.
  • Java Chip Frappuccino from Starbucks ..yummo. That is all.
  • The Shack, by Wm. Paul Young. Not the Bible, but love his depiction of God and his explainations of suffering and judgement, epecially. The concepts therein were rich and have caused me much pondering since reading it. Love. it.
  • www.southernsavers.com - Jenny from SS came to church and did a workshop for us. I am now currently liscensed to do extreme couponing :) This website takes the stress out of matching ads and coupons. She suggests highlighting, cutting, and pasting your store's list to a Word document, then deleting what you dont want. You can take the list right to the store, and know which coupons to take with you. I spent $56 on groceries this week, saved $67. Love. It.
  • Farmers Market - I have learned how to get my staple grocery items for next to nothing, but the bulk of my weekly shopping was fresh stuff. They opened a new farmers market on my way to dropping off and picking up Ty from preschool and I have fallen in love. The produce is local, fresh and significantly cheaper that the grocery store. The other day, I spent $12 and got a pineapple, green peppers (those are up to $1.49 a lb at the gs), 10lbs of potatoes, 2-3 lbs apples, squash, okra, bananas, 3 lbs onions and 3 lbs. tomatoes. This week, I spent $4 and got apples, bananas, green pepper and tomatoes. Love. It.
  • My Frigidaire Affinity washing machine and dryer - three words, home tax credit. Another three words, scratch and dent. We saved about $500 purchasing our set from the scratch and dent section, and another $100 when we price matched and haggled with the sales fella at Lowes. It was worth every effort and penny we put into it. I LOVE my new w/d ..I swear it makes me a better woman :) Love. It.
  • www.biblegateway.com - this website has simplified studying the bible and being able to encourage others through scripture. Its so easy to put in one word you remember from a verse and have a load of options. It also has a concordance and dictionary, as well as a topical index. Its a great tool! Love. It.
  • the local library - free movies for the kids and date night ;). It has helped with the kids wanting to read too, as they get to get new books every time we go which is so exciting :) Love it.

Okay, not all this stuff is stuff I can purchase and send your way ..but I know that knowing these things about my preferences will enrich your life so I am glad to send it on :)

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Where is this new farmers market?

Courtney said...

Bacons Bridge Rd, down from the Little Ceasars pizza place? That is a bit past BiLo on the left side of the road. Its opened 7 days a week, 8am-8pm. They only take cash and checks, no cards but I do cash anyways so that isnt a biggie usually. Love it!