Now that he is an almost 5 year old, he has all the problem solving skills of his being my child :).
Thankfully, I have been spared a full first trimester of throwing up, but this week it took a nasty turn. It is now a constant battle of the mind to not vomit, or just to do it so that I can eat which is what I need to do but cant because I am about to vomit. Yuck.
Yesterday, I was fully committed to letting it all go while hugging the toilet. Canon was standing quietly beside me (I am sure trying to figure out what the noise and drama was about). Ty came down the call hollering about something he wanted or needed. When he rounded the corner to the bathroom and saw what was taking place, he stopped abruptly and said "Are you throwing up?!)
Yes.
"Where is your phone?" He asks, very take charge.
Right beside me (this episode came on quick when I was on the phone with my sister who I believe had to leave for the same reason :).
He took my phone and dialed his daddy. From my end of the conversation, through all my gut-wrenching noises I heard this ...
"Hi. Its Tyler. Mommy is throwing up."
"Uh, huh."
"The drawer beside the refrigerator?"
"Uh huh"
"Which ones? Is the one with the bunny on it a washcloth?"
"A square?"
"I found one!"
"Okay, I gotta get a chair..hold on."
Sound of chair scooting across the floor of the kitchen.
"Okay, hot or cold water?"
"Okay. Got it."
Here, he appears with a dripping wet dish rag (we will need to discuss the difference between a dish rag and a washcloth, as the thought of washing my face with a dish rag is nauseating in itself :) ..but that lesson will be for later.
Thanks, Buddy.
"Okay, now what do I need to do?" Again, talking to daddy.
"Okay, with ice or not?"
"Okay, I got it."
"Okay, bye."
He brought me a half a glass of water with no ice in it. The sweetest cup of water I have ever been given :)
Yesterday, during another such episode he performed like a trooper, after asking or a little reminder from daddy. He brought me another dish rag and another cup of water into the bathroom and stood quietly by til the moment passed. He is pretty great to have around. :)
6 comments:
This is just so sweet. What a take charge type of guy--and such a good helper!
Oh Courtney, this melts me! You are raising such godly caring men. They are going to make great husbands one day! Keep it up.
awe. i want to squeeze him. soooo cute.
This was too cute! You have raised such sweet boys! Hope you get better soon and it goes away! Miss you guys!
Well this brought tears to my eyes...it's the most precious story. And to think he'll not only take care of you, but his new baby too is so sweet. sniff, sniff...that's good stuff. It's the "let your minds dwell on these things" kinda stuff.
Tell him Ms. Ann is very proud, as is his Heavenly Father- we've been talking about how to help others in Bible class on Sundays! Good job, Ty!
(Now, one day when he's fifteen and drivin' you up a wall because he leaves towels all over the bathroom and bedroom floor, you REMEMBER how sweet and cute he was when he was five, ok? Ok. :o)
Post a Comment