Saturday, November 7, 2009

Big Boy


So, I woke up to some kind singing toy in my face. "Mama, listen to this." ...I hear it buddy, its kinna loud, can you take it in your room to play with it?

Since he was up and moving around (he cannot be trusted on his own :) I dragged myself out of bed. He was lying on his tummy in his room playing sweetly with his toy.

I herded the fellas downstairs to get breakfast.

When I got to the kitchen, I noticed the Cookie Crisp cereal box was on the counter and empty. I also noticed a bowl and spoon. Huh, I guess Adrian ate a snack before coming to bed last night?

I called the boys to eat breakfast, when Canon tells me, "I already ate my breakfast."

What, you did? I ask...then I put it together. "What did you eat?"

"That cookie cereal." ..of course you did.

"You poured milk in it?" I ask, looking for the puddle on the floor and the warm milk on the counter somewhere.

"Yup, and I didnt spill it and I put it back!" ..and he did.

Huh. I am pretty impressed, that my not even 3 year old is making his own breakfast with relatively little issues ...only that he is now bouncing off the walls from the most sugar he has ever had for breakfast :)

We had to talk about not getting food without talking to mommy first (for the millionth time) but he is still not deterred from feeling like quite the Big Boy :)

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I LOVE it...but I can see both sides of this situation. On the one hand, what a big boy, and he didn't even spill the milk, PLUS he put it back...all while you were getting some much needed rest. On the other hand, that rest you got will be used up in no time by the heightened degree of engery created from Cookie Crisp. :) hee hee