Friday, January 1, 2010

New Beginnings

I love the New Year ..it is possible that I love it more than Christmas. For real.

I love the possibilities of many wonderful months ahead, full of exciting potential experiences :) I love how it is a mental clean slate, with no mistakes yet and how it inspires hopeful goals for the days to come.

New Year's resolutions, goals, etc..whatever you call them, I love feeling like there is nothing stopping me from fulfilling all my task-oriented fantasies :)

This year ...

* I want to ...be more focused on living simply, on purpose. I want to simplify, simplify and then simplify some more. I want to keep my expectations of myself simple, our routines simple, our schedule simple, my menus simple. I want to do it for the purpose of being able to keep focused without all the distractions that a complicated life brings.

* I want to ...be more focused, on purpose, on my husband and children. I want to nurture those most important relationships in my life and encourage all of them to be they best they can be through that support. Whether its Adrian as a nursing student, or Ty as a new reader ...I want to be able to focus on them and what they need to be everything God has planned for them to be

* I want to ..use the resources of my body, my time, my home ..all of my resources, the best way I can to say that I am using them for God's glory. It may be that I lose weight after the baby is born, cut out big projects, have more people in my home ..who knows?

* I want to ...read my bible all the way through this year. I also want to keep a bible study going, with the exception of right after the baby is born, I want to keep working on learning more.

* I want to write ...I would like to have a workable manuscript by the end of the year for a book I have written 1000 times in my head.

* I want to ...welcome another little one into a well organized, clean, peaceful home here in a couple of months.

Ah, so many wonderful plans I have for myself ..how great that God's plans are even better, and even beyond my imagination! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

go girl! lay it out before Him and pray that his Spirit leads you into 2010 where He wants you to go!

my current focus verse...colossians 3:17

ann

Brandi said...

I feel very stress free reading this post....it sounds perfect!