So, I know this may appear in stark contrast to some of my previous entries :), but I have to say that I have been keenly aware as of late how blessed I am!
I am currently surrounded by people who have begged God to be blessed the way I have, and He has given in :)
I have two sweet friends who are expecting babies, who have previously been unable to conceive for 5 years each. I have hurt for them both as all of us around them have been poppin' babies out right and left, often with the attached mention that it was an "accident". How difficult it must be to hear such things when you are sacrificing time, money, heart, privacy, peace..etc, to get pregnant.
Well, they are both well on their way and I am giddy out of my mind.
Cryssy is 29 weeks pregnant, that is only 6 weeks further along than kid #1 was when he was born. Gabe is 5 now, and his smile and huge brown eyes are enough to melt your heart. His sister, "Hope Renae" is expected to stay put for the duration. I dont know what her and her husband are gonna do when they make her bring that baby home the next day instead of leaving her in the NICU for 4 months! :)
She was not here in Summerville when she had Gabe. But, we have shared in her story and the story of their family as they have grown stronger while here. We all feel so blessed to be apart of this chapter of their lives, and beginning chapter of "Hope".
Brandi is experiencing her first pregnancy, and apparently God felt like she needed to catch up to all of us in one go. Brandi and Ben are expecting TWINS next summer..and I am so excited I feel like their mine.
They are gonna be the greatest parents ever ...I cant wait to see them with the carseats and the strollers. She has been with all of us from the the beginning of our motherhoods, so has a realistic idea of what is to come (x2), so I am sure she wont do the "every baby item ever made in the diaper bag" thing.
I am already dreaming in doubles and am trying really hard to convince her she needs to find out what she is having for ME! I know, I know..selfish. But, we have some serious planning to do and I need to know if I need to go double PINK, or double BLUE, or a little of BOTH.
ANYWAYS..all that to say. Nothing like people like these, to remind me that I am blessed beyond words in ways that some others' only pray to be. EVEN if I feel like they are making me crazy sometimes, its a happy sorta crazy. :)
2 comments:
If it makes you feel better, I think Brandi is going to find out. And funny thing is that Tony and I actually have that conversation regularly about what it is going to be like to bring a baby straight home. As much as the idea of a healthy baby makes me giddy, I'm nervous about coming straight home without my recovery time from the c-section. Stairs, newborn, c-section, my tummy hurts just thinking about it! But who cares....we're having a baby!!!!
Courtney...yes this comment is coming a week later, but it's one of those awake at 3:30am kinda nights where I'm catching up on my friends' lives through their blogs. What a happy surprise to see such loving comments from my supportive, encouraging friend. These are the times I sit back and say, "Wow, this many (fill in the blank with weeks, days, months, years) ago I never would have imagined I'd be sitting here three months pregnant, enjoying new things like sleepless nights although babies aren't here yet, but loving every minute...because I'm finally at the place I've prayed to be at for years, surrounded by more love, caring, support and prayers than I ever imagined. I feel completely and un-deservingly "blessed" as well.
Post a Comment