Sunday, December 16, 2007

I need to change my name...

Man..I am relating to my mom when she used to say that.

I cant imagine 6 of kids calling my name all at one time. I am about to lose my mind with two of them calling, whining, screaming, crying my name from 6:30 in the morning til the blessed hour of 7:00 at night.

Its days like these that I wish I could hit the mute button.

It seems like the kids, the dog, and their daddy are working together to raise the level of noise to the highest level possible without using an amp. With the screaming, crying, tattling, television volume, barking, phone ringing, door bell ringing ...I feel like I will surely lose it at any moment.

The living room, dining room, kitchen, hallway..its all trashed. Not because I havent cleaned it to perfection within the last 24 hours, I have. Not that I havent picked up and put the books, toys, shoes, etc away at least three times today already, I have.

The kids room is trashed too. Including the closet that I just organized by kid and size into shelves and canvas boxes. But, alas, Ty "needed" something in the top of the closet and the "clothes were in the way". Of course they were. So, they are ALL over the floor now, AND..because they work as a team, they are also spread ALL over the bedroom complements of Canon.

MY room isnt so much trashed, as it is COVERED in dirt. Yes. Oh, and bark. Ty decided to bring bark and dirt in by the handful and dump it on my floor. Again, Canon took care of the spreading it all over the room part. Nice kid.

Right now, I am on my knees facing the back of my couch with the computer balancing on the back of the couch becuase Canon keeps putting the computer on hibernate. Ty is currently screaming at my elbow that Canon is touching his blankie, Canon is screaming "mama" at the top of his lungs, and pulling at my shirt, I have put Ty in time out once...and why, you ask, dont I just put the computer away?

Because, I just want to type this one little entry...IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!!



There. I feel better.

Hope you guys are having a nice day :)

3 comments:

Penny Kendall Photography said...

I promise that you will survive this ... AND ... believe it or not, there will be a time when you miss the noises and chaos of little feet and hands into everything. I love you ... hang in there. MOM (oh, wait I changed my name some time ago ... can't remember what I changed it to though ~ smile)

hockeygirl said...

WOW. Sounds like you need an afternoon of valium! :-)

Mary J said...

I hear ya girl! Hang in there!
Miss y'all back in Summerville!