Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I'd rather be naked...

(in the dark) :) cause then I wont feel how tight my clothes are!

So, I dont want to be one of those people who complain about their weight all the time, or are fishing for compliments like "no, your not fat!" ..please, no.

But, I have to say that I am feeling extremely frustrated right now! I have gained 10 pounds in the last month, and I am really feeling it.

I REALLY have been working on being NOT obsessed with the number on the scale..I decided to go with how I felt. And, most of the time, even when I dont like the number, I still feel okay about myself! I have a very steady weight that my body likes to be. It is the same as before kids (I wear it different, but its the same), and that is where I end up after kids when I dont try hard.

I have been really doing alot of self talking about being happy there - I got curves, baby! And, as Adrian tells me very frequently, being sexy and confident as more to do with attitude than actual weight or shape.

I do like my curves, and want to be happy in my skin ..even if it is alittle dimply in areas :)

AND, I have been faithfully going to the gym the last three weeks (less faithfully before that, but I was going about once a week or so). Adrian has been meeting me there after work, and its been great. That, with my weekly dose of "Biggest Loser" I have been great in the activity department.

Eating..not so much. I gotta work on that one...

But, all that being said..I have gained 10 pounds in the last month! AND..every time I get on the scale I have gained a pound or two more!

I dont really know what the dealio is, except I suspect MAJOR hormonal contributions (its been a year since I had a baby, and things arent back to normal QUITE yet), I have stopped nursing (or almost), and I have had some medication adjustments in the past 6 weeks. SO..I can blame it on something! :)

Anyways..so, I shall keep working out, boosting my water, KNOCK IT OFF with the diet Dr.Peppers, better portion control and hang on for this wild hormonal roller coaster...poor Adrian :)

3 comments:

Mary J said...

from your workout friend:

1) hang in there, it is a journey not a destination when changing your lifestyle - with ups and downs
2) cardio burns fat, weights build muscle. More food in the mouth means more cardio at the gym
3) muscle weighs more than fat - so you must be building up those muscles!!!

I love the biggest loser! It reminds me to KEEP GOING!! Even after those folks leave their trainers they are taking off the weight. So KEEP GOING!!!

Courtney said...

Thanks Mary...I know you are a true "gym girl" as I so wish I was! :)

Mary J said...

I haven't been in the gym since Aug!!!
Am looking into one here finally.

Honestly, I will only be a 2-day/week gal at the gym. The rest will have to be done at home.
Some is better than none!