Saturday, January 19, 2008

Ode to my PIL

So, I could do an essay on how wonderful my in-laws are, because they are here to watch my kids during these couple week of LOTS of orientation hours for my REnew job..however.

I feel that a more important topic related to my PIL has presented itself.

Look, at this.




Yes.


THAT is a leg.

So, as it turns out, the Christmas Story is an important part of their holiday tradition. AND, as it turns out ADRIAN has "always" wanted to live out this odd story by owning a leg lamp.

Why, I cant say.

All, I know is that my FIL proudly brought this monstrosity into my house, set it on my entertainment center in my living room, began relating unspeakable plans of fishnet stockings and a single stiletto heel shoe, lamp hardware ...WHAT?!

My MIL, sat quietly giggling to herself..for she is fully aware of my need to control my environment and loved the effect this craziness was having on me. All the while, explaining how she had wanted to send Adrian to college with this precious treasure (because he had supposedly always wanted one), but had been unable to find a "leg" from which to produce this thing.

So, lucky me, she found one most recently at a store closing and HAD to get it to commemorate his return to college.


Great.


As long as it is hidden before my mom gets here in three weeks. Thats all I have to say.

4 comments:

Penny Kendall Photography said...

Oh, Dear!

hockeygirl said...

Oh my goodness. I don't even know what to say to that. You know, the "lamp" could always be involved in a tragic accident caused by the "kids"!

Mary J said...

I have to say that this brought a smile to Kevin's face!

Courtney said...

Cryssy suggested I find a LONG skirt for my leggy nemesis. Good idea.