Friday, January 25, 2008

Per Request...

Okay, so I have gotten a few questions as to the reason for the bandaid on Canon's head in the recent pictures.

I hesitate to share with you the story, lest you turn me over to DSS ...

It was a BAD mommy moment all the way around, let me tell ya.

So, he and Ty were in the bathtub in my bathroom. I was folding laundry and peeking in on them every couple of minutes (I knew they werent drowning, they were making too much noise to be underwater).

I popped my head in at one point, and Canon had blood pouring down his face over his nose, etc.

THAT would have been the most alarming part, except that he was also CHEWING on my razor! I had been in a hurry that morning, and just set it on the wall of the shower and didnt do my usual safety sweep when I put them in the bath.

So, he had a beautiful triple blade cut on this forehead where he tried to shave his head first BEFORE he decided to shave his teeth (the kid didnt have single cut on the inside of his mouth, how I dont know).

Like I said. Bad mom moment.

Please dont call the child abuse people.

2 comments:

Mary J said...

at least you got your laundry folded, right?!!

phyllis said...

Courtney, boys will be boys. I don't think my boys shaved their head until High school but Kristen did cut her hair about 3. She had long hair and wanted to be like Joey and make it short. (she also wanted to pee standing up.) now that was fun. As bad mommies go you are NOT bad. We all have our moments. I kept dropping Craig on his head (NOW we know what his problem is) and no your boys won't turn out like Craig. Hang in there we are here for you.