So, a tropical storm is coming.
The town is shutting down early. The kids are being let out of school, people are going home from work at noon to batten down the hatches, some places are boarding up the mobile home just be safe..and what do we do?
We go to the BEACH!
Now, to add to the ironic part of this, we havent been at all this year. I know its sad. But, we chose today to be the day that we piled in the car to get the kids out of the house and play at the park ..which we did. Then, just because we could we canceled the hair appointment I had scheduled and drove to Folly Beach.
We made some great memories..and all came home alive (btw, the storm wont be here til later this evening) but the waves were already incredible!
First, the park...
Then the trek to Folly..where we were going AGAINST the flow of traffic :)
This shot was taken right as Canon took a plunge. Mommy was only about 2 inches on the other side of the camera, and the boys were only about that far from the edge of the steps to the pier. Aside from getting wet, he was fine :)
![]()
If you think WE were insane..
They were out in full force today. We saw more half naked surfer boys today that I have personally ever seen in my life.
The kids rode the 10 minutes to Walmart totally naked in their car seats (we didnt leave prepared to go the beach), until mommy could grab a diaper and other essentials to protect their little rumps.
All in all, this was one of those days when I looked at my sweet, healthy, blessed family and thanked God that we could spend this time together witnessing the power of His creation from the littlest one all the way up.
Hope you have moments like this today, and every day!
2 comments:
Yeah, I saw the storm coming towards you on the news today. Was just getting ready to write you! Good luck, I'm sure you guys will come through it just fine!
It looks like you guys had fun. I hope you dont get to much weather frm this. Love ya!
Post a Comment