So, Ty this morning went to spend his birthday money (the kid hit the jackpot) on something he has been wanting for EVER. A Transformer. I think this is funny, because his only awareness whatsoever of Transformers has to do with Joey having one ..thats all.
But, he has wanted on for a long time.
So, we went today to spend this dough, after talking about saving some for later and putting some away for church. We got to Walmart and he said something to the effect of, "maybe I will get something Canon can play with."
He went back and forth, considered briefly getting something specifically for Canon..but settled on TWO transformers, and sharing with Brother.
He let Canon hold it all the way to the check out, after Ty paid he pulled the one he chose to share with Canon and handed it to him to carry to the car. This was all lost on Canon, because he, of course wanted the one TYLER had.
But, sweet boy of mine willingly switched with Canon so he could carry the one he wanted.
When I affirmed him and told him how proud I was, he said, "Yeah. That was nice." :)
I wondered how long it would last but he has been trying to share all day. Canon decided it was not worth playing with though, and keeps dropping it on the floor after Ty gives it to him.
Ty is being a good sport, and still is getting credit for sharing :)
____
As an aside, we are off to Dallas in two days ...I pretty much have to be ready to go by end of the day tomorrow because the Military Banquet will taking most of tomorrow and ALL of Saturday.
The banquet ends at 8pm, I head home leaving my sweet friends to clean up the mess I will make with my crinkle paper :) , finish up packing, try to get a couple hours of sleep, arise at before 3am (make that before 2 am ..with the time change :) to get to the airport to leave on a 5am flight (not my pick, it was free ticket).
I am praying PRAYING that the middle of the night travel will play into our favor and we will have sleeping boys most of the way ...your prayers wouldnt hurt either..so get to it! :)
So, until later...
1 comment:
Hope you're enjoying a very well deserved vacation with your family this week. The banquet was such a success, it may have been even better than last year. But the beauty is you got to finish with one great adventure, to fly off to another one. Breathe a contended sigh...the cleanup was great and went so smoothly. So, enjoy your visit and we'll see you when you get home. Say hello to your Mom from me and get lots of pictures!!
Post a Comment