Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ladies Retreat '09

The girls and I had a great weekend in Myrtle Beach last weekend ..or the weekend before last I guess ..its been a busy few weeks! :)

We had a unique weekend, as a good percentage of us came to the LR with some kind of sickness. What sweeter fellowship to share than that which is shadowed by the darkness of germs, hmmm?

75% of the gals in my room were sick in one way or another ..we made quite a crew with our sniffles, coughing, snot and so on. Most of the other gals were up late playing Taboo ..not us, we preferred losing sleep via our various noise making talents :)

ANYWAYS, aside from that part ..we had a great weekend. We had a great speaker in Elaine Denman, She spoke on Ephesians, one of my favorite books. She reminded us of the eternal blessings that come together to give us a life in God that is blessed "more than we can imagine".

Due to the fact that I got to run the show, I got a measly 1 picture. I got no pics of the precious gift bags, note cards, agendas ..all of which had a Kendall touch as my brother Jared designed us the logo. I didnt get any shots of the silly Human Fountain, or the Rickey-Tickey revisit. I didnt get a single shot of the beautiful "Tea Room" that we decorated for our ladies. But, trust me..it was all great! :)

The one picture, though, was one of our favorite activities. We made a list of as many blessings as we could think of in 30 seconds, then took that many glass stones from the table. Then, we combined them all to represent all of our blessings in one place.

Then, we poured them in a vase that was filled with water ..that represented how full we are when we come to Christ ..before he has given us anything else material. We are full of His grace, mercy, forgiveness and love. THEN, He continues to bless us even more ..and we poured all of our stones in the vase.

Of course, our blessings overflowed.

IMG_9781

It was a vivid visual reminder of how blessed we are ..and that was what we come up with in only 30 seconds..can you imagine what we would have done if we had more than? Nope, cause He gives us MORE than we can imagine :)

We are already looking forward to next year ..though I plan on taking the flu shot and some extra vitamin C with me next time! :)

2 comments:

Cortney said...

Court, you did a great job...you, Sharon, and Tiff are a blessing! Love ya.

Brandi said...

What an awesome retreat this year! It ranked right up there with last year's and that was perfect, so congratulations on such a great job!