"She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family
and portions for her servant girls." Proverbs 31:15
I have always, as every other Christian woman through time I am sure, felt a little intimidated by that Proverbs 31 Woman. She just got so much done!
I have always referred to the above scripture to help myself feel better because if I had servants maybe I could get it all done too!
Well, as a fellow SAHM pointed out ..we do indeed have servants at our disposal that assist us in our efforts to accomplish all that we have to do in our day!
Their names are the Dishwasher, the Washing Machine, the Stove and the Dryer! ..and so many more wonderful little modern blessings like that :)
With my new home came new servants, and they are part of what makes this place a great place for the Steeds ..let me introduce my new quiet (and much more efficient) dishwasher, my great new gas stove, my built-in microwave (more room for cookie making), and last but not least..our newest employees ..my new washing machine and dryer!
We have blessed enough to never have had to purchase a new or used washing machine..as we acquired our previous set from some friends, when they were already well along in years (the machines, not the friends).
Thanks to our tax refund, I got to get a new set! :)
So, today we are thankful for our modern servants that we dont have to share our "portions" with :)
2 comments:
I love your blog! Keep being positive and sharing the joy of the Lord in all that you do.
Too funny. I've heard that comparison, too, but you make such a great application of the analogy! Thanks for all the positive thinking. You uplift my thoughts just by sharing yours!
Post a Comment