Uncle Dustin has a birthday coming up ..he would have been 25 years old.
The boys and I have been talking a little about him lately, as we plan on having a birthday balloon release for him on Tuesday. He has been on my mind so he has come up in conversation quite a bit. In those discussions, we have mentioned heaven alot.
I must have done a good job of describing it, because on more than one occasion the last couple of weeks Ty has said, "I am SO excited about going to heaven!"
Ty asks out of the blue today, "when is Christmas?" Not for a long time, buddy.
"When is Easter?" Not for a long time, buddy.
"When is Jesus coming back down?" Well, we dont know! The bible says we dont know when he will come back to get us.
Seizing on the potential life lesson, I asked ..do you know what happens when Jesus comes back down?
"What?!" His eyes are wide, and excited!
He is gonna bring us back to heaven with Him. :)
"OH, I am so excited about heaven! I cant wait to meet God there!" Me too, buddy.
Do you know who else is there waiting for us?
"Uncle Dustin!"
Yep! God and Uncle Dustin, cant get better than that huh?! :)
He also mentioned, that "God is my favorite guy." ..and then he assured me. "Dont worry, you are my favorite Mommy." :)
I told him that I was happy that God was his favorite guy, that I wanted him to love God EVEN more than mommy and daddy. A big lesson for a 4-year old who worships his daddy and kinna likes his mama :)
All this while he was "vacuuming" the floor in the living room (working on earning money for a Larry Boy car :)
These are the sweet moments you dont want to forget!
1 comment:
I'm so glad you're able to stay home with them. I'm also glad you're saving these little memories for them and sharing them with us! Thanks! I love your blog!
Post a Comment