Thursday, September 10, 2009

Surprise, Surprise!

Well, its true that God's timing is perfect :)

(...God's timing is perfect, God's timing is perfect, God's timing is perfect...)

We are two weeks into Adrian's starting nursing school, and anticipate much change and adjustment over the next 20 months as he works to that end. We had a plan b, me going to work if work and school gets to be too much for A-dawg.

Well, God laughs at our "plan b" ....and substitutes His own plan which He calls..."Plan Baby"

The Steeds will be welcoming Steedly Baby #3 next spring :)
.
Interestingly, we found out the day before I hit 6 weeks - I truly had no idea what.so ever. I had explained some of the more obvious signs away for a variety of reasons. Both of my other pregnancies I had about a 2 week heads up before the 6 week roll-over where everything hit like a ton of bricks, in terms of nausea and fatigue. I am absolutely amazed that just like before, week 6 has hit even though it was only about 24 hours after our finding out the little bugger was hiding in there.

Today, I slept til 10am and have been fighting nausea all day long ...ah...nothing like not being mentally prepared :)

(Adrian is sticking with his previous belief that it is all, quote "all in my head." )

All is well, though. The boys are adamant that they want a baby sister ...I am trying to set them up for the possibility that that wont happen, but they are both pretty certain that that is what is supposed to happen.

When we told Ty, "it may be a baby brother." He stated very certainly, "well, we could just have both."

NO. :)

9 comments:

Christie said...

I am so happy for you. Even if it isn't exactly in your timing, this baby will be such a blessing to your family that someday you'll forget all about "your" timing. : ) We're a little over 6 weeks away from our due date and can't wait for our little one to arrive. Congrats to you all!

4driscollfam said...

God always has a plan for us. He knows what a GREAT mama you are and feels like there needs to be a Steedly girl :) Our church is over run with boys.


Good thing you know a little about handling stress! We will all be there for you whenever you need us. LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's finally starting to sink in:). I am so happy for you all, and so hoping that Ty and Canon get a sweet baby sis to take care of...of course, they will also have fun teaching a little boy:). God's plan is perfect:).

I'm so excited to have a front row seat to the journey that your family is on. I know that you will handle everything with grace and strength, as you always do.

Congrats!

hockeygirl said...

Congratulations! Just consider it all a great adventure! (Yes, I know that's easy for ME to say!) You are so awesome, I know you will be fine. Hang in there!

Brandi said...

Congratulations once again to all of you....even Adrian who says silly things like "it's all in your head."
Ben was so excited to hear the news and has several times since said "That's so cool!"
I'm sitting here thinking of all of the excitement of "firsts" like first smiles, coos, teeth, crawls, steps....and then birthday. Oh the wonders of babyhood. God does have the best plans!

Mary J said...

Congrats!

Amanda said...

Yay! I'm so excited for your family. But, of course you have to have a boy, or rename your blog. Hmmm, we'll have to brainstorm a new blog name just in case. Congratulations!!

Courtney said...

Sharon D. suggested "steedlysboyandagirl" :)

Cryssy said...

Actually I think the timing IS perfect. I think it is neat that God waited for ADRIAN to CHOSE to work and go to school so that you didn't have to work. God could have just taken the choice away from him but He didn't. He let it be Adrian's choice before He said, "good, here is why..."