I had considered, very briefly what I had thought would come up at some point but they both took me by surprise when they tag-teamed me at bedtime. It started with them talking about baby Joshua, and Ty asked if I could hear him talking...
"No, babies dont really talk, but he can hear you."
Canon: "Is he growing and growing?"
Mommy: "Yup, he will keep growing and growing until he is born."
Canon: "Well, does he just POP out?" ..using hand jesters that go appropriately with "pop"
Mommy: "Well, no..God made mommies bodies so that when it is time they will come out."
(geez, I hope that is enough) "Okay..night, night mommy loves you!" (quickly trying to make an exit)
Ty: "Wait!" (shoot, I think.) "But HOW does he come out?"
Mommy: "God makes mommies special so that there is a place they come out."
Ty: "But WHERE is it?"
Here, I wish I had a camera for Canon's face. He sort of lowered his head, raised his eyebrows and said kinda quietly ..."Is it your bottom?" (how is that for a guess?!).
Lol. Well ...Lord, get me through this this without traumatizing my kids :)
Mommy: "Well, kind of. " ..."Okay, good night!"
Ty: "Wait!" ..good grief!..why can these kids just take simple answers?! ..."It is your bottom?!"
Mommy: "Well, God made mommies bottoms special for babies to come out." (I am sweating by this point).
Ty ..who wants still more specifics ..."Cant you just point to where it is?"
"No." ..this just frustrates him.
Ty: "Cant you just show me?" (seriously, kid.)
Ha. "No." ..here we wrap up the discussion with some talk of private places, keeping them private, that we dont "show" people them and just like them, mommy has to be modest :)
Good grief.
How ever embarrassed you feel right now, trust me ...I was feeling it :)
Yes, I fear I have many such questions coming. I can promise you Ty will be pondering this discussion for awhile, until one day he shocks me with some well thought out question that I will not be able to avoid :)
____
On an unrelated topic, though still proof that these kids are smarter than I give them credit for most of the time ..
The boys and I had to go rescue daddy from his clinical downtown when his carpool group and he missed each other timing wise. Ty was asking about where we were, to which we replied with something like "'you havent been here before, its a place where there are lots of hospitals."
We are driving down a street down where there are nondescript big buildings and parking garages. Ty says, "Hey, I have been here before."
Thinking about it, he HAD been there about TWO years ago when he had a cyst on the back of his knee checked out. Funny, he didnt remember why he had been there or even seeing the doctor. He DID remember the magnetic table in the waiting room, though :)
It is frightening the stuff this kid remembers ..makes me nervous :)
The boys and I had to go rescue daddy from his clinical downtown when his carpool group and he missed each other timing wise. Ty was asking about where we were, to which we replied with something like "'you havent been here before, its a place where there are lots of hospitals."
We are driving down a street down where there are nondescript big buildings and parking garages. Ty says, "Hey, I have been here before."
Thinking about it, he HAD been there about TWO years ago when he had a cyst on the back of his knee checked out. Funny, he didnt remember why he had been there or even seeing the doctor. He DID remember the magnetic table in the waiting room, though :)
It is frightening the stuff this kid remembers ..makes me nervous :)
3 comments:
glad cannon is to young to ask!! although another mommy said she told her son: that mommies have two holes...one for pee pee and one for babies. :) maybe that would work.
oh man... I was sweating just reading that one!!! WHY do they ask such specific questions???? WHY???
o.k....breathe.
I do suppose that it's good to have such an open communication with them though. Hopefully they'll always feel like they can ask you anything. (So I'll start praying right now for this eventual occurrence in my life. Lord grant me strength!)
I can relate to the sweating bit. It's usually at that point I say something like, "That's a great question, son! Let's get your dad in here to answer it. Hey, Gary!!"
Post a Comment