Monday, July 19, 2010

a prayer

..for my boys...

"And {Ty, Canon and Joshua}, my son, learn to know the God of your ancestors intimately. Worship and serve him with your whole heart and a willing mind. For the Lord sees every heart and knows every plan and thought. If you seek him, you will find him. But if you forsake him, he will reject you forever."

1 Chronicles 28:9 

I found this this morning and realize it really sums up the prays I have for these little men.

And, my work with them, considering them a "temple" of sorts. Or, at least my building project for the the time being ...


Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Don’t be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. He will see to it that all the work related to the Temple of the Lord is finished correctly.  28:20

And how well I can relate to this, as their assigned "builder" ...

 “My {daugther, Courtney}, whom God has clearly chosen... is still young and inexperienced. The work ahead of {her} is enormous, for the Temple {she} will build is not for mere mortals—it is for the Lord God himself! "  29:1

1 comment:

Brandi said...

wow.....such a beautiful prayer! I love the verses, and your application. (I'm gonna write them down!) This is perfect inspiration for all of my "construction projects."