Thursday, February 21, 2008

Countdown til my VAN!

Okay, so I realize that I have failed to blog about a HUGE event in our house! How could I be so lax?!

During the weekend I was at Ladies Retreat (oh, right, THAT is how I forgot!) Adrian found me a van in Nashville. He found it online, and liked the dealers philosophy on selling so sent his dad to look at it for us.

Well, we ended up buying it by proxy, and SHE will arrive home this weekend after Adrian flies one way to Tennessee and then drives home the next day.

I have been wanting a Honda Odyssey for the last forever, and am so excited we made a good deal to boot! We bought our current vehicle (a 2001 Nissan Altima) the year Adrian and I got married, paid it off 3 years ago and have brought both our babies home in it. Its been a great car, but she is just too small for the four of us AND the diaper bag :)

The new girl is a brick red, 2003 HO with leather seats (with bun warmers) and a DVD player (how did parents do it before those?!). Besides the color, this is exactly the van that my friend Dana bought a few months back. You better believe I have been sitting in her van and pretending it was mine for a couple of weeks now :)

I cant wait! First thing I am gonna do is load up all that Goodwill stuff that has been piling up in my garage because I could only take that stuff if my kids werent in the car with me. Even then, it would have taken 3 trips (Flylady would be so proud!).

ANYWAYS..just wanted to share.

Our new family member will be home on Sunday, will post pictures of her then! :)

6 comments:

Corrie said...

Congrats on your new van! We have an Odyssey and we love it! You definitely won't be disappointed.
Corrie (Brown) Albright

Anonymous said...

I am SO jealous! Esp. about the leather and DVD!

However, I must say, my little 95 HO (which is pushing 150 miles), is the reason why everyone else LOVES theirs- b/c they LAST!

hockeygirl said...

Congratulations. You have passed over to the dark side!

Courtney said...

I know, right? Well..if the dark side has room for kids, carseats, bible class papers, snack cups, water cups..etc..then I will TAKE IT!

phyllis said...

Courtney I have a truck you can always call and use anytime and I will stay with the kids while you go to goodwill. Please just call. We love you guys.

Courtney said...

ah, you are so sweet Phyllis! But..I have got covered when Adrian get home with van!