Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Running like a mad woman!

hey girls..

Just got off my first three night weekend at work. It was CRAZY! But, fun at the same time.

There were codes, intubations, a couple deaths...it was all a mad house. It felt good to get back in there and remember why I loved it before (not the death part..just being able to assist families going through that).

Alot of it felt very second nature. I even caught myself typing in my codes for the computer, med carts, etc. from three years ago! Its all coming back to me now!

I am also being reminded of which doctors were ....how shall we say...not too nice! As well as be shocked that some them even remember me at all.

I lived and survived my nightmare about having a patient on blood pressure drips and not being able to remember what I needed to. But, it didnt take long to bring all back from the back of my brain and all is well..I didnt kill anyone on this run :)

ANYWAYS...Adrian was great. He even hit Dana up to watch teh boys for me while I took a nap on Friday before my first night shift. He was great, as was Dana who took the boys (mine plus her two) to Jump Indoors (a bouncy castle place) and held onto them til Adrian picked them up after work. I got a couple hours which helped alot!

And, he even did the laundry for me.

And, vacuumed and decluttered the front of the house so I didnt have to clean the second I got home.

And, cooked dinner/cleaned the kitchen each night ..ALONG with managing kids.

Good fella. Thanks hun.


NOW...we shift gears and focus on the Ladies Retreat this weekend! I have today and tomorrow to finish taht stuff up. Mom gets in Thursday, and the retreat starts Friday.

While I am having a good time with the retreat stuff, I still have alot to do but shall not stress.

Nothing like a weekend in the ICU to remind you that somethings are just not that important, while others are the most important!

So...setting the timer for a quick clean up, then some kiddo time (Ty has requested Hide and Seek), then work like a crazy woman to get fit this all in! :)

..oh, and a nap ..I havent quite recovered from my sleep deprivation :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It sounds like you have a great guy!