"A behavioral syndrome characterized by the repeated, compulsive seeking or use of a substance despite adverse social, psychological, and/or physical consequences, and a need for an increased amount of the substance, as time goes on, to achieve the same effect."
Yeah. I can relate.
This whole internet/blog thing is becoming that "substance" for me.
Reasons why I cant get enough:
- my blog
- my friends blogs
- my Mommy and Me forum
- my email (its ridiculous how many times a day I check it!)
- my mom's photography stuff
- Flylady reminders and suggestions
- Ethan Powell updates (poor guy, not doing good)
- my Mommy and Me forum
- my EMAIL (what if someone NEEEDS me?)
- ebay (sometimes, I go through phases)
- instant messenger
- my online banking
- my continuing education for my nursing license
- EMAIL (I am very popular)
Yeah. Its bad.
Right now, there is dog food LITERALLY spread ALL the way through my house because I am in my office doing internet stuff and I have left the children to their own destructive behaviors (shall I quote..."despite adverse social, psychological and/or physical consequences"). Also, my children are naked except for their respective coverage of their little rearends.
SO. In all seriousness. I gotta work on it. Its bad.
But, please DONT take that as a call to stop reading my blog, or writing your blogs, or for goodness sake NOT EMAILING me!
Okay, as my first step toward recovery, I am not gonna check my email for an hour. And, I will not blog any more today.
Okay. Here I go...
3 comments:
I COMPLETELY get that mentality. It is very sad. I have had times where I have been walking toward the computer and I had to make myself stop and turn around, and it was like the tension when you pull two magnets apart.
I wonder if they make a pill for that?
Do I need to call Knology and drop our internet? Or maybe just go back to dial-up?
Amen sister...amen. I repent as well.
Post a Comment