We were walking downtown the other day when Ty tells us,
"Do you guys know that a dogs tongue hangs out IN ORDER TO ..um, um, (pondering, pondering) in order to keep cool?"
We both looked at him like he was the most amazing thing we have ever seen.
"Where did you learn that?" I asked him
"On Noggin."
That Noggin is worth every cent I pay them to babysit!
---------
Oh, and Adrian was teaching Goliath (the resident mini-doxi) how to roll over. We were cracking up at how funny it was for a weiner dog to flip himself over so quickly, when we noticed that someone else in the room was also catching on.
We look up and Canon is obediently rolling over on command! It was HILarious. Its now his favorite trick.
---------
This one may not be has funny in the re-telling, but it was a belly hugger when it happened.
I was doing laundry in the laundry hole and Ty brought me my phone. He said, "which one of these buttons lets me call Miss Brandi?"
"Uh, why do you need to call Miss Brandi?" (he still hasnt met the new babies, and I figured he was calling to set up a playdate)
"Cause I gotta call her back."
"She called?"
"Yes. And I gotta call her back"
Per Miss Brandi, Ty had answered the phone and told her the I was in the bedroom. She asked if I was resting, and she offered to call back later. And..he hung up on her. I guess he changed his mind and decided that I was available to talk :)
I set the phone to call her and handed him the phone back.
Their conversation was hysterical.
Hearing things from my end,
"Hey."
"Yeah."
"I was going to get my cars to play with, and the phone rang, and I was like (here, he makes a surprised face). Then, I answered the phone and it was you!"
"Yeah."
"Yeah."
"He is sleeping." (I am thinking we are talking about little bro here)
"Yeah. Yeah."
Here there seems to be a lull in the conversation, he is walking in figure 8's in the living room thinking he is pretty Hot Stuff.
"So, (here he puts his hand on his hip, cocks his head, and plants his feet) how are the babies doin?"
The of the rest of the conversation was equally funny. Including the part when she asked to talk to me and just about hung up again.
He cracks me up.
Ah, the comedic relief is totally worth the 6am wakeups, the dirty diapers, the tears, the stress...every bit of it. :)
2 comments:
That was by far one of the best phone conversations I've had in a while. I'm still smiling!! Can't wait for Ty to see the babies. I'm just wondering what he'll have to say about that!
love, Brandi
oh yes...and I absolutely love the story of "roll over" which is still cracking me up. I love your boys!!
Post a Comment