Thursday, August 21, 2008

Canon Pleads Guilty

  So I was a little distracted in the back of the house for a bit yesterday ..this is what Canon chose to do with his little taste of freedom ...

IMG_7587 (Medium)

 

Mommy and left the eggs out on the counter ..her first mistake.

Then, she forgot that Canon no longer is inhibited by the fact that things are beyond his reach. He uses his rocking chair to reach the counters now. Her second mistake.

 

 

IMG_7590 (Medium)

She also left the butter out, sitting right beside the eggs.

You got it, her third mistake.

 

 IMG_7593 (Medium) 

There were eggs on the counter, the cabinet and drawers, the floors, the rocking chair he was standing on and the dog.

Which is why I was able to excuse this little disgustingness...

 

 

 

 

IMG_7592 (Medium)

 

Yes, it was gross. But, I have to say it saved me some work. At least I didnt have to get all that slimy stuff off the floor.

Dont worry my germ-aphobic friends ..I did still clean the floor once the dog was finished :)

 

 

IMG_7586 (Medium)

But who could be mad at this little sweet face?  ..look at those mishievious little eyes planning his next adventure.

I cleaned up this spot for 20 minutes, then was silly enough to think that I could go back to my aforementioned project in the back of the house for no less than 5 minutes.

My fourth mistake.

Literally, not 5 minutes later I walked in the kitchen to find that SAME rocking chair (yes, another mistake ..I gotta get rid of that thing) had aided him in getting into the junk drawer and finding a Marksalot marker.

This, he used on the fridge, the countertops (the same ones I just cleaned), the cover to the rented DVD, the "cuddle chair" and himself.

5 minutes.

How does this kid get so much done in such a short amount of time while it takes me ALL day to get one small project accomplished?

Any suggestions for getting that marker out? :)

10 comments:

Born Blonde said...

Fingernail polish remover will usually get rid of Sharpie's on flat surfaces but not always. And you might want to test it first so you won't have white spots on your blue plastic tablecloth like someone does.

Can't think who.:)

Brandi said...

ahh...so there's a lot to be said for the immobile stage... mentally noted! Also noted, only buy washable markers. Good to know!

~Erin said...

What? Clean the floor after the dogs clean it? Sounds redundant to me!

Courtney said...

Ha! Lol. Erin..I knew I missed you for a good reason! I just had to put that in for my friends who freak about such things! :)

Anonymous said...

YIKES! That's what I have to look forward to?!
love and miss you all! Angela

Greg said...

Wow, I really like the new layout for your blog. As for the Canon fiasco...yikes! He just had a very active mind, which overall is a GREAT thing. Just...not when it comes to making messes:).
I posted the Deals of the Week blog over at Mommy and Me.

Greg said...

Sorry for the lack of transition between those last two sentences. I accidentally hit "publish" before I could finish my thought and reread it:).

Courtney said...

Thanks for the tips..and for the record. Nail polish remover did get some of it off, but on teh fridge it mostly just smeared it all over the place. Alcohol cleaned up the smear, but not the pen itself. The final fixer was the Magic Eraser..that thing is 100/100 in my book.

So Brandi..stockup sista!

Kimberly said...

HAHAHA. When will you learn. Do you think its a Cannon/Canon thing?? If so, I am in for it!

Kimberly said...

also, i think canon does this stuff "for the readers" of your blog. also, because he knows how much you love taking pictures and it is just creating good photo ops for you. smart kid!