She spoke about pride, how it was destructive and a character weakness that we should be aware of and fight against.
I remember listening to her, and thinking "So, when I ride my bike really far or draw something that I really like, I shouldnt be PROUD of myself. God wouldnt like that."
I am glad that I asked for clarification, because mom carefully explained (to my relief) that PRIDE and being PROUD are not the same thing. She explained how pride, that placed you above others, your needs or your feelings above others ...is wrong. But, that being proud of something you have done, as long as remember that you arent the only one who got you there...is okay.
Funny the lessons we bring away from our childhood, and when those lessons come back.
I was running day before yesterday, it was on its way to 112 degree heat index, no clouds in the sky, pushing the double stroller, with the dog on the leash. I was running uphill, and about to hit my first 1 mile mark. I was in the middle of a sprint, and was just about done with my 90 seconds interval. A lady pulled up beside me, rolled down her window and yelled, "YOU ARE WONDER WOMAN!"
Thrilled to my toes, I giggled to myself, and ran another 30 seconds. Almost immediately after that my mind recalled that little lesson on the floor with my mom.And I was proud, of me. :)
Thanks, mom!
4 comments:
You ARE wonder woman:)!
I am proud of you too, sweetie. You have always been WONDER WOMAN to me! mom
Some day...in the distant future, I may be jogging with my double stroller as you've done...but I doubt it. Hee hee! I think a brisk walk is more like it, in the cool autumn air please.
Go Wonder Woman!!!
love you,
Brandi
I am so proud of you too! It is hard to run when it's hot! You go girl :) Love ya.
Post a Comment