
Today, its been three years since we lost my brother.
I am still amazed its been that its been that long, and still amazed the loss is so fresh.
I am comforted to know that the more deeply the loss is felt, the more it means I loved him ...right? :)
This was written by my brother-in-law, as a way to honor Dustin.
Dustin Lee Kendall
Prouder nay has been a man,
When life was laid for him, a friend,
To tell the tale and cry the tear,
And wish him back to hold him near.
To think that I could be so blessed,
To have a friend who thought life less,
Than freedom for his fellow kin,
And thought it worthy to defend.
We will remember Dustin Lee,
A day won't pass that we won't see,
His face before us in our minds,
Though tears from eyes may fall sometimes.
Tears are real and pain is strong,
But we know that it won't be long,
'til all together we'll meet up there,
And once again that SMILE he'll share.
I know another who such did,
For me and mine our sin to rid,
Did choose His life to give away,
So I could live another day.
And gratitude is what we give
We show it in the life we live,
Freed for freedom is what we've been,
Freed from oppression, and freed from sin.
So don't forget the sacrifice,
Of two who came and gave their lives,
Some difference between may be,
But both showed love for even me.
By Justin B. Carroll, Dustin's Brother-in-Law
Thank you to all of you who remembered and told me so. I know our family is in lots of prayers today..thank you, truly.
7 comments:
I am sending out specific prayers today for each of my siblings, parents and friends of Dustin. I know that each of us deal with our grief so differently. I pray for you as you deal with it however that is.
Praying for you and your family!
Thinking of you today.
What a beautiful poem and so well written. I know I didn't know your brother Dustin, but I still feel proud of him and always thankful that there are those so brave and selfless. It's such a huge reminder of keeping our priorities in check. Thankyou too for letting us share in your love for him, your grief and your amazing faith.
Love you all sweet sisters and friends :)
Still thinking of you and your family......
Love you Courtney!!
Hey girl, thanks for posting about your brother. I can't believe it's been 3 years. I know he's looking down from heaven and smiling on his brother and sisters.
God bless you, love, angela
Post a Comment