Well, in this market we are the fortunate ones! Our offer was accepted for the house we were SO excited to find!
Its honestly not the house I went looking for, but I am so excited to have as mine own now.
For the house and Adrian it was love at first sight ..as for me, I was in love with another one and it didnt work out between us. So, at the risk of making Adrian's house feeling like the fall back, we went back. I saw it through the eyes of a gal whose heart was not committed elsewhere and fell in love as well.
"She" is an older home that has been very well taken care of by one family for the past 20 years. In the past 6, they have redone everything. Literally, the only thing not redone is the electrical stuff. The windows, doors, cabinets (kitchen and bathrooms), fixtures (every piece of metal in the house), ac/heating unit, roof, all bathrooms (including fixtures, toilets, railings on the porch, deck, shower doors, etc.), garage door, garage floor, paint, floors ..everything has been redone since 2002 at the latest.
No doubt the sellers took a major hit, and while my heart goes out to them...I feel like we got a great deal!
Here is our porch ..we love it. Adrian had a white porch in his head when he thought of his perfect house and now he has it. Now, we need some rocking chairs :)
Some of my favorites ..the awesome kitchen and laundry room which isnt in my hallway! :)
This is the room we will make into the play room/office. It has a door that leads to the massive backyard. I am looking forward to having the computer near where the kids are. That is a major problem right now ..mommy on the computer equals house in the hands of the kids!
The bathrooms have great woodwork and cabinets which the previous owner did. I cant WAIT to have my own sink! :) ..with an extra if you notice the one in the "water closet". ..who needs three sinks..I dont know, but I have them.
So, if I loved country we would be set! She did a great job of the work, its high quality wallpapering ...lots of wallpapering :)
We will have a few weeks to get moved before we needed to be out here so we will have time to dewallpaper and paint a few places.
Really, there isnt a huge amount to be done and it will all be worth it when its all mine! :)
Anyways, wanted to share ..we feel blessed more than we can imagine (a feeling I will be calling back to the forefront when I am signing a stack of papers for a loan :)
8 comments:
SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS! It is AMAZING! You know you always have someone willing to help you paint.
I am really excited for you guys! Buying a house is so much fun, lots of things to dream of to do to make it your own. I hope you love it! And I hope to come and see it one day. : )
Christie
Congratulations! I think this place looks like a B&B. Three sinks is probably a good thing...you know the boys will want to be in your bathroom. :)
I'm here to help too. Let me know!
The house looks wonderful. I can see so many good things just from these pictures. AND how happy will you be that all these upgrades are done for you? OH, and 3 sinks means you will be having a girl very soon :) You know you couldn't keep all that loveliness for yourself!
Congrats! I'm glad it worked out.
Can't wait to see what it looks like after you've worked your magic on it. Wish I could be there to help!
Where have I been? Seriously, you'd think I was busy doing other things during the day besides checking blogs and facebook pages. I love, love, love that you found your new house. Congratulations Steeds!!! It looks beautiful...and appears to be quite adequate in handling Guitar Hero nights with friends. I know that had to be high on your priority list!!
Post a Comment