Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I dont want to forget...

I dont want to forget the sweet things that make up the abundant life that I lead ...

  • Ty told daddy a couple of weeks ago, that he was playing with his car in the hallway, and he was going too fast and he tried to turn away from the wall but the little ball in his head with arms was pushing him to go faster and wouldnt let him turn and THAT is why he ran the car into the wall and busted a hole in the dry wall.
My initial thoughts ...."a little ball with arms?" ..where did he get that mental image? And,
How big is the hole?

  • Canon's current favorite book is his bible story book. His favorite character, "Motheth" ..every bible character with a beard is "Motheth". He sleeps with his bible story book every night. :) I wish I could take credit for his vast biblical knowledge base, but his has some great teachers in Bible Class ...they have been working on the stories of Moses, and apparently it made an impression on Canon :) His interest has certainly inspired more bible story reading in the Steed house...thanks Miss Brenda and Miss Margaret!
  • Both of the boys have learned to pray ..we thank God for everything. Ty asks God to help him be a good boy, and sleep in his own bed all night long (we may have planted that prayer thought in his head). Canon tells God thanks for "...um, mommy daddy mommy...um...Tyty...um....car...um, this (here he points to the wood beam that is above his head, making up the bottom of Ty's top bunk)...um, that (some random object in the room)....um, fooooood...um, mommy daddy mommy..um..Jesus AMEN!" Nothing more precious :)
  • Canon's current favorite song, "Deep a Wide" ...complete with hand motions. He only knows the "deep a wide" part, but man he gets into it! :)
He also loves Zaccheus because if you sing, "and then one day Jesus came walking by
and he looked up in that tree! And he said..."
Canon is on the ball and shouts with
full authority, "get down now! going to house today! "
  • The boys love to play Hide-N-Seek. Right now, I am listening to them in the other room playing. Apparently, its Canon's turn to count because he is counting, "4..5..4..5...7...8...9...4...5..mumble mumble HERE I COME!"
  • Now, they are running to the "space ship" (aka, the box)
  • Ty is really into The Backyardigans...we dvr'd the latest one, "Robin Hood the Clean". Ty has watched that show about 10 times a day for the last two weeks. He has the fly swatter constantly battling "Mayor Stinky Pants" ..with a "ha, and a ha, and a double ha!" He also found a glove, which finishes off his Robin Hood costume, because Robin Hood the CLEAN uses his "Mitty" to clean up "Filthingham" ..and save the dirty townspeople from being dirty all the time. I am happy that he is pretending such a noble deed, but seriously if I hear that song, "SO-O-O-OAP, SO-O-O-OAP, the festival of SOAP!" one more time..I may go Mayor Stinky Pants on him myself :)
  • Canon floored us the other day when he correctly identified a letter and told us the sound it made. That was a little shocking, but then we continued to test his mad letter skills and come to find out the kid knows EVERY single letter sound AND can correctly name every letter on sight. WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?! This homeschooling thing is a cinch :)
These days are busy, busy. We close on our house on Friday (yay!), then plan on moving the next couple of weeks while Adrian's parents are here. Through all the business though, I still want to take the time to remember these little things that I would surely forget if I dont try to remember them on purpose :)

3 comments:

Daesha said...

I love those little stories from through the day. Thanks for sharing.

Brandi said...

I think one of God's greatest creations has to be the imaginations of little boys. I love that you're righting these times down to remember. I'm going to try and do that as often as I can. Precious!

Warren Baldwin said...

We like your site, real family identity to it. We started one called Family Fountain focusing on family issues. It has only been up for a week, so there is not a lot on it yet. My last post was on a half-marathon 2 Harding girls (one of them our daughter) ran last weekend in Little Rock. It is at http://warrenbaldwin.blogspot.com/

Keep writing!
Warren & Cheryl