Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Simple Things

So we are fully in our new house :)

We closed on the house on the 13th, had planned on moving slowly over the next couple of weeks to do the "big" move sometime the first of April. Ha.

We closed on the house, then wanted to be in it then. :) At least, I did. Adrian took a little convincing but instead of slowly, we moved all our stuff in the next day to sleep in our house when it was barely 24 hours ours.

Since moving in, I swear I am a better wife, mom and housekeeper. Part of it, is that the previous owner was a meticulous housekeeper ..I swear to you that I have been LOOKING for dust and have only succeeded to find some on top of the cabinets in the kitchen.

I even looked in the corners of the baseboards ..nothing. Everything was spotless, so was move-in ready from the get-go. I remember growing up moving in to houses and having to spend a day or two cleaning before we could sleep there. Not so with our new digs. For that, I am most grateful.

Only problem is, I am finding myself a tad intimidated by my predecessor..like my house will catch on that I am not going to be quite as good as her previous mommy. I will do my best though sweet house, I promise! :)

Since being here, I am again amazed that we snagged this deal when we did. It truly was God lead, and now that we are here we are seeing more and more what a great fit this place is for us. Even though, it was nothing like what I was looking for whatsoever. Its Adrian's dream house, and even though it wasnt mine at the beginning I feel like I am living the dream now :)

I dont have the place totally put together yet, but here are some shots of some of my favorite details ...

IMG_0097 (Medium)  IMG_0099 (Medium)

The fixtures and lighting is all beautiful. I love my sink!

IMG_0100 (Medium) IMG_0095 (Medium)

We painted the living room, keeping the bottom half the color it was before and lightening up the top. I havent decorated but got my expressions on the wall asap :)

IMG_0103 (Medium) IMG_0102 (Medium)

I love that I have a place to put my toothpaste, makeup, etc. Adrian has drawers and so do I. Oh, and that third sink ..love it :)

We are blessed beyond words, as we are settling down into our wonderful new home.

May you all be blessed as much as we feel despite the world around us going nuts!

3 comments:

hockeygirl said...

Congratulations on your new house! It is beautiful! I LOVE the porch!

nak008 said...

What a beautiful house!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new house. Thanks for all the facet shots! Love and miss you all, Angela