Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Just trust me.

So, I was sitting at my desk during my favorite time of day ..naptime :)

Canon had been down for about an hour and half, and it had been an hour or so since I had heard any movement from upstairs in his room area so I was feeling secure. Until I heard some ominous thumping from above my head ..in the office..which only means a couple things.

1. Canon has not be sleeping ..which means he has been doing something ELSE for an hour. Not good.

2. Canon is in my bedroom ...also, not good.

I raced up the stairs and had only hit the top of the stairs before I smelled the unmistakable smell of Gold Bond powder ..this was confirmed by the cloud floating on the ac breeze coming from my bedroom. Not. good.

I enter my bedroom to find a half-naked two year old lying on the floor dumping GBP on his private parts ...LOTS of GBP. He is also covered in mascara, and my bedroom smells secondarily like a mess is waiting for me around the corner.

Sure enough. He had apparently had a little poopy accident, which he decided to take care of himself. There was poop every.where. all over the bathroom floor, him, and the toilet. There was also a sopping wet pair of undies beside the toilet, obviously had been "cleaned" in the potty.

"I just went potty by myself, mama."

"I did it all by myself, mama."

"I sorry, mama."

I cracked up.

If it was not for the fact that the kid was naked and all the powder was covering the entire bottom half of his body ..I would have taken a picture.

But, just trust me ...it was one for the memory books :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's all I can say:).

Courtney said...

Me too. I am still giggling at that mental picture :)

Anonymous said...

hmm, something for me to look forward to when my guy gets that age. so they destroyed an entire WII???- Angela

Penny Kendall Photography said...

Powder ... hmmmm ... that's very interesting! =0)

Anonymous said...

Oh my. My, oh, my.
Your boys are blessed to have one patient momma!

Daesha said...

Ha! What else could you do but laugh? And then clean...