Monday, June 1, 2009

A Steedly First

Well, I have thought to myself no more than about 5 times this past week that I am amazed that we have not suffered a broken bone in the 4.5 years we have had children living here :)

These boys are active little ones, and its seems hardly an hour passes without someone tumbling down stairs, jumping off the deck railing, climbing up fences, etc.

We spent the afternoon at the park where they did all the things mentioned above, while hopped up on juice and Capri Suns :) THIS did not cause any major injuries.

It was not until we got home, then got out of the car and the boys initiated a game of "Daddy Dinosaur" with Daddy that things got a little injurious :)

My sweet Canon Lee fell on his arm and thus, we have the first broken bone of the Steedly Family :)

Canonarm (Medium) Canonarm2 (Medium)

We only spent 2 hours in the ER, with a great group of folks taking care of him.

He ended up with a cast and a ton of stickers. I was delirious when we got home at 11pm or I would have thought to take pictures of that part. For now, we are waiting for the swelling to go down so we can be fitted for a hard cast that will be part of our summer for about a month.

Not the last time, I am sure :)

4 comments:

4driscollfam said...

Poor baby! A little suprised Cannon was the first to get one. I'm sure it won't stop him much.

hockeygirl said...

Poor little guy. At least he doesn't look like he's in any pain in those two pictures! Good luck keeping the cast dry over the next month!

Tiff said...

So how is it you can go camping at PBC, hike up to a waterfall, spend countless hours at an overly crowded park, then go home and get a broken bone??? Poor Canon! He doesn't look too sad about it though. Maybe Maddox can sign his cast..or put stickers on it...

Brandi said...

My thought is that it's always the quiet ones.....of course you may be thinking "quiet?...Canon?..." but that's how it appears to me anyway. I'm hoping he's feeling better today, and that he slept really good last night after a hefty dose of Tylenol. ;)