This one goes beyond the quote, so we had to note it with a bigger title :)
So, Easter was Sunday and with it the annual mess with the plastic eggs and sugar high, etc.
I was letting them have some post-easter fun with the eggs and they were both "hiding" them from themselves and "finding" them with their Easter baskets.
Ty asked about 10:45 am yesterday if he could have scrambled eggs for lunch. Well, this wasnt that unusual, even though it was a little early. But, I complied and made him scrambled eggs. I was glad that I had two left, cause that was it and I threw away the carton.
Well, he got up to the table, inHALED his eggs and jumped back down. I think, "wow, he must have been hungry."
Then, he went immediately opened the garbage can, and calmly asked if he could use the carton for his Easter eggs.
I said sure, and it wasnt until a little while later that I realized how much pre-planning had gone into that request!
Check this out:
He had already checked the fridge, and knew how many eggs were in the carton (I had run him out of there more than once that morning).
He had already figured I wouldnt let him use the carton unless it was empty.
He had already figured out that if he asked for eggs for lunch, then the carton would be empty.
He had already figured that I couldnt just cook the eggs, he had to EAT them too. So, he ate them all without any hesitation or complaint.
With the carton empty, all his goals were met.
Check. Check. Check... and Check.
The kid is brilliant.
And, I must be pretty predictable.
2 comments:
What a smart boy. Must make you wonder what he's plotting in that head of his all the time!
K ... start saving your pennies for medical school. He's a smart cookie ... it must be from his grammy genes. ha!
Post a Comment