Friday, July 25, 2008

Coupon Nut

Okay, I was already getting into this whole coupon/BOGO sale thing so that I could shop at my favorite grocery store (Publix, of course) and didnt have to go to Walmart.

That started it.

It has progressed to so much more :)

Thanks so some fellow money-savin' mamas I am now all about spending LESS than the price on the shelf.

I actually feel guilty when I pay full price for stuff, or go to the grocery store before making sure I dont bring my coupons to match the ads.

The current obsession of all the gals is CVS shopping..you can do it for free. For real. Its great ..you pay money your first trip, while still getting good deals if you purchase the BOGO items. Then, for the money you spend you earn CVS bucks. THESE are good as cash at CVS. AND, you get credit for the CVS bucks you SPEND.

Spend $30 ..get $20 back. Spend that $20 (using coupons, making what you buy worth $25-30), earn another $15 in CVS bucks. You can actually end up making money when you cycle it every week.

Nice.

Now credit where credit is due, Money Saving Mom is the gal who turned us all on to this little game. She also gives tips on getting stuff much discounted or free at other places like Target or Walmart. Its great.

Its a great way to make these dollars stretch while the price of EVERYTHING goes up!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I love it....that and the fact that there is a new CVS right down the road from us now. I really think I'll start trying this. (Consequently, our CVS is kiddie-corner to our Publix, also just down the road.) Love the money saving ideas!