Thursday, July 24, 2008

Run with It


Okay, I can really see myself going all the way with this one. I in my first week of training for being a "real" runner. I love it so far.

I am actually going to give up my membership to the gym. I think I will do better running in the neighborhood rather than with a bunch of more advanced runners.

I am using SparkPeople Rookie Runner message boards (great motivation and info), the Couch to 5 K program , and the PodRunner pod casts for my motivational music.

I did my second run today and really noticed an difference in my endurance from my first week last week.

Some things I have already learned...

* Dont run in the heat of the day (11am) in South Carolina while pushing a stroller. Hot, and I thought perhaps I would die. This morning I got up before Adrian left and did it cooler and kid free. Big difference.

* Sparkpeople doesnt give me stroller pushing points..I give them in my head though!

* Pushing myself a bit feels good, but I gotta pace myself. My little 60 second bursts are feeling great, but the 90 second rests feel better! :) I will get there!

* My usual walking route that takes 30-40 minutes doesnst take that long when I am running ..duh. I finished today in just over 20 minutes, and was disappointed I didnt give it a full 30. I guess I will add a leg of the neighborhood on Friday

Anyways - I am looking forward to my next run! Wahoo me!

2 comments:

Mary J said...

WAAAHHHOO! I can't believe you are running, you are so awesome!

Who knows, we may end up doing a half marathon together??!!!

Courtney said...

Ha..well Miss "17 miles in One WEEK" (talk about awesome!)..not any time soon, but perhaps some day! :) I am loving your motivational blog entries..they get me going in the right direction. Wahoo us!