So, I have doing CVS for a bit now. I am to the point that the deals make sense and I am not too stressed out by all of it.
I am learning my coupons and getting a system to keep them all ordered. Its a job. But, its days like this that I feel that its all worth my efforts!
I left CVS today with ...
7 Duracell battery packs (x16 each..so a total of 48 AAA and 48 AA)
8 Glade Candles
2 bottles Ajax dishsoap
5 spices ..including vanilla extract, garlic pepper..good stuff
3 tubes of toothpaste (Crest and Colgate)
1 immunobooster my sister swears by, Sambucol ($30 at her natural food store)
1 Loreal Moisturizer ($15.99 ..regularly)
I spent $28 out of my pocket and left with $35 ECB.
I MADE $7 ...and got things I love and will use.
The best I can figure I got $60 worth of batteries, $20 worth of candles, $8 worth of toothpaste, $3 worth of dishsoap, $10 worth of spices (at best, I can get some of those for $1 at Publix but not all of them), $16 worth of face product, and $15-30 worth of a health item. That is a grand total of ...that is $132 on the low side (if i shopped at Walmart), $150ish on the high side (used CVS regular prices), for -$7!
Oh, and free pair of $25 Crocs ..from a coupon that D gave me, when I bought $25 in Proctor and Gamble products.
Wahoo!
I also saved $68 when I went grocery shopping last week, and there were quite a few coupons in this past Sunday's paper that I can go use before this ad expires tomorrow.
I am loving me some coupons and saving money!
I love too, that I can go to the stores that are privately owned and operated, with great customer service for less than I can Walmart. I love it. I have gotten to where I feel like I am being a bad steward if I go to Walmart and even just buy what I need. I know I can get it cheaper, if not free with alittle work and preplanning.
I got the Publix ad yesterday, and have already gone and matched my coupons with this week's deals. I am excited to have a whole stack of them to head into Wednesday's shopping trip!
I have a storehouse full of diapers, deoderant, toothpaste, toothbrushes, body soap, baby soap, diaper wipes, bar soap, cough medicine, children's Advil, Benadryl, Sudafed, laundry detergent, bleach, dishwasher detergent, bathroom cleaner, paper towels, toilet paper, makeup (alot!), hand soap, shampoo/conditioner ...all for free or very little.
Nothing says, "you are a great wife!" like a hubby who says he needs deoderant and you have 5 choices for him on demand! :) ...or when the dog eats the kids' toothbrush and you have one to replace it right away.
According to my receipt, I have saved close to $500 since I started with CVS in July. That doesnt include what I have saved on groceries since I started really working on that one.
Anyways..its worth doing. And, if you see yourself needing batteries for Christmas or whatever and have $21.97 in your pocket right now, you get $15 back! You can do that deal three times, making you get $60 worth of batteries for about $30 bucks (you would have to do it in 3 different transactions) and you would leave with $15 worth of ECB's! ..thats if you are starting from no previous CVS experience, and no coupons.
There are a couple of other details, but I can fill you in ..its worth it! I promise! :)
3 comments:
Woo-hoo! Yay for CVS! I'm with you...one of my favorite things about saving money is that I ironically have an amazingly well-stocked pantry and cabinets. It's nice to have back-ups of things for when you run out.
Thanks again for the heads-up on the battery deal!
Okay you girls are making this sound easy and like something I may have to try....I'm just no sure I can figure it out....
I too am so intrigued by the savings and yet so boggled by how to get them. I think I can, I think I can.
Post a Comment