Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Mission India

I started following this a couple of months ago when I got a forwarded email about it...I am amazed that #1, this is happening at all. And, #2 that we arent hearing alot about it in our western media.

In Orissa Province of India, there is massive amounts of violence directed toward Christians. It all stared back in August when a Hindui priest was killed. The extremist groups connnected to this priest determined to have Christians blamed and killed for this murder. There is a violent campaign that has effected national Christians, as well as missionaries working in the area.

I am amazed, also that our society is so self-focused. Wow. There, people are dying and being left homeless every minute for their faith and for their beliefs otherwise. Here, we are talking about what this celebrity said or what dress someone is wearing to the CMA's tonight.

Please follow this link to learn more about the violence leveled towards our brethern in India ..we need to be praying a prayer of protection for them, and a prayer of repentence and gratitude for ourselves. I know I am.

No comments: