So, I have always be the one to get the off-brand. I bought it because it was cheaper, and afterall it was just as good..right?
I was all about the Purex and the Sam's Choice..it makes sense, because it was the cheapest route before I started shopping the sales and with coupons.
Now, I living lavishly with a closet full of Tide, Clorox, Downey, Charmin, Colgate, Robitussin, Benadryl, Oral B, Bounty, Pampers, and Pantene. I love it.
I found that Tide DOES clean better than Purex, and the brand name meds are more effective!
Now, I am getting these brands WAY cheaper than I got the off brands before. I have gotten all my laundry stuff for $2 or less per bottle (mostly free), ALL my toothpaste (about 7 tubes right now) for free, the meds cheap to free, the paper goods next to nothing and the toiletries ridiculously cheap to free as well.
I am reminded of a friend of mine who was bothered when someone commented how that jacket must be her son's because he only wears "name brands" ..which is funny, since it was Old Navy and I can get stuff there for less than $0.50 several times of year AND..she was a manager there so her kids clothes costs next to nothing.
Its comments like that that throw me into a momentary sense of feeling guilty because I have so much, and must be so frivilous to use such products, and dress my kids well. But, I know the truth.
The brand names go on sale, while the store brands rarely do. Most of the time, at CVS I can get any brand name product for way less then their brand, AND their brand doesnt give ECB's, AND manufactors coupons are only for brand names ..so its always better to go the BN route.
I love it. I feel spoiled everytime I wash clothes, brush my teeth or wash my hair :)
Disclaimer: I certainly dont want to put down store brands. Most of the time there isnt a significant difference in the quality of the product. And, if you arent shopping sales and using coupons then it IS a better use of your funds to get those things.
Anyways..I am grateful for the time, energy and want-to to be able to plan, shop and bring home things that we love and find a simple pleasure in. It makes me feel content and well provided for!
No comments:
Post a Comment