Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Back in the Saddle

With the move and all I got distracted from the savings/coupons/sales thing ..but I jumped back on the saddle today.

I did a combo Publix/CVS trip ..both of which are a good 15 minutes or more of a drive but are on the way back from dropping Ty off at Preschool ..so it was worth ti.

It was a good trip, and I had to brag ...

IMG_0277 (Medium)

I got all this for about $32 bucks.

Combined my savings for the day was $110, according the reciepts. I used around $34 worth of coupons, and the rest was shopping the sales and using ECB's from past trips to CVS.

The trip included 2 gallons of milk, 3 boxes of cereal,  8 boxes of granola bars (those will last about two weeks), 3 6-packs of yogurt (1 of which will become "ice cream"), 2 bottles of juice, an 8-pack of bar soap, 2 loaves of bread, 1 6-pack of paper towels, 6 cans of tomatoes, 3 packs of shredded cheese, a canister of coffee, a fancy Softsoap dispenser and refill, 1 bottle shower scrub, 1 each Pantene Shampoo/Conditioner/styling gel, a glucometer (which I will pass on to a ministry that provides such things to missionaries abroad), and a bag of pinto beans.

All in all, a great trip.

This, of course is nothing compared to my Rach and Caryn friends who do twice this good weekly, providing for their family on an awe inspiring budget of $25 a week. Wow.

Its cause they dont buy 8 boxes of granola bars :)

2 comments:

Brandi said...

You're my hero.

I'm not sure my tiny brain can yet grasp the magnitude of "Rachel and Caryn" status....but you can bet I've signed up for the class at Rachel's with Southern Saver lady!

I need help. But I press on toward the goal.... hee hee

4driscollfam said...

On the good weeks it is $25, but when granola bars are on sale I also stock up. I have 10 bxs of granola bars from this wk :)Jared and Wy eat them daily! You still did a GREAT shopping trip by anyone's standards.