Friday, April 25, 2008

Broken Heart

Well..I may have broken my little boys heart to pieces today.

When I woke up Saturday afternoon (I worked Friday night, so slept all day Saturday) I had a pretty vase of purple tulips waiting for me from daddy, and a plastic cup full of little purple weed/flowers from Ty :)

They were so sweet, and Ty's pride in his having picked them was precious.

He has had me smell them no less than 20 times since then.

Well, it was inevitible that they would "pass their prime". This time arrived yesterday, and I quietly without him looking slipped them ever so lovingly in the trash.

This morning, he was standing at the bar talking to me while I was cleaning the kitchen and with the biggest, saddest eyes you ever saw he said, "Mommy, where are your flowers?"

O. Shoot.

"Well, baby, they died."

"So what did you do with them?"

O, shoot again.

"Well, I threw them away..butyouanddaddycangogetmesomemore!"

Oh, eyes become sadder still.

He replies, "Well, why did you have to sleep so much? They died while you were sleeping!"

(as I side note, I dont know where this kid has been cause sleeping "so much" is not really an issue I have)

"O, hunny, that is what flowers do..we pick them, and they die and we pick some more to look at."

He is still a little sulky, and I think I may have just given him a topic for his first therapy session when he is 30 ..poor fella.

No comments: