We got a note from CSM Kinloch (I wrote an entry on him back in November). He knew my brother, as Dustin's superior officer in Iraq.
He has been wonderful at keeping up with us, calling on annivesaries, etc. This week we got a letter from him, and I wanted to share. I wish everyone who lost a loved one would get to have such honor given them:
"We would like to name our education center after your brother, CPL Dustin L. Kendall...The Education Center is small in dimension, but huge in its purpose and it will be located in our battalion headquarters, if we are granted your permission. The intent of the center is to provide a work place for our Soldiers to pursue their military and educational needs. In addition, we will be more than honored to have the center named after Dustin and there's no other Soldier that we will consider."
I am so proud of him!
Thanks for letting me share - C
1 comment:
Well that brought tears to my eyes, but in the best way. I'm so happy for you and your family. It reminds me of the verse that says "...well done, good and faithful servant." Love, Brandi
Post a Comment