"I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving." Psalms 69:30
Though I certainly felt most grateful last week, when our nation celebrated Thanksgiving, I am feeling even more so today.
Not specifically sure why, except as I look and see my husband and oldest son playing on daddy's early Christmas present (Guitar Hero) and as I put my groceries away in a pantry that is so full I can barely fit another can in it, as I hold an insecure but healthy 2 year old little boy, and ponder how we will decorate for Christmas this year...I feel thankful.
In this economy where everyone is feeling tight and overwhelmed, we are comfortable in our home. We have food on the table, and filled to the brim in the pantry. We have money to get the kids a fun Christmas, and bless others when we see a need. We are all healthy, happy and aside from normal every day "cause life is so full" stress, we are good.
I overwhelmingly feel as if "a good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, has been poured into (our) lap." Luke 6:38
3 comments:
Very well spoken. And so true when it all comes right down to what's important. I love your thoughts!
You are the best! How thankful we all are to be blessed enough to have you in our lives :)
Well spoken, indeed! Your boys are SO big now! Oh MY! Miss you, but thankful for technology to keep up with you, sweet friend!
Post a Comment