Wednesday, December 10, 2008

You know...

When it rains it pours.

It has been one of those weeks when I am starkly aware of my shortcomings. I dont say this in order to get pity, or consoling..I know we all have weeks like this.

I also share, because I know you guys have been there done that ..and now we can all laugh together. And if you havent been there, done that...stop reading my blog cause I am intimidated by you :)

My Week of Short Coming Awareness (WSCA) started with my working this past weekend, and having two comments made about my ..how shall we say, junk in my trunk. Yes, I have it. I know.

That was just the beginning ..that was 1 and 2, of several comments so far this week (who KNOWS what will happen in the next three days!).

Here is sampling of the comments made since Saturday,

* Your thighs look thinner than normal, but that BUTT sure doesnt look smaller
* Girl, you got a CRAZY big butt
* You are looking a little obese (my favorite, the one I have replayed the most in my head :)
* Yes, you are much bigger than the last time I saw you.
* You are pretty girl, too young to be letting yourself go like this.
* Congratulations! When you are you due?!

First, and formost. Clearly, I need to work on my physique.

Second, WHAT is wrong with people?! ..I can forgive the preggo comment. I do have a pouch and if I dont pay close attention I can stick out there a little. The rest of them though ..seriously?

Thirdly, you know that you have good friends when their first reaction is to defend you and tell you are NOT obese and they are crazy (thanks, girls) and the second is "we will work on it together!" ..and we will.

Yup. Its time to go on a diet...after I celebrate my obeseness by eating the wings Adrian brought home from Wild Wing last night :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love ya! And the rest of us KNOW how beaytiful you are!

Born Blonde said...

It astounds me that someone would say ANYthing like that to you. There is apparently a great number of people around you who need glasses.

hockeygirl said...

Who on earth is saying these things?! You should definitely not be listening to them!

melanie said...

all I need are their addresses.
No names...cause I will take them and who ever is in their house DOWN! I am getting IN MY CAR in Orlando NOW and driving up there to kick some tacky talkin' tail. WHY ARE PEOPLE SO STUPID????

Court, that makes me so mad. Praise God your worth is in him! And you know as well as I do that those who make comments like that are deflecting attention from their insecure selves. if they were confident enough...they would shut thier fat yappers! :)

I once had a girl tell me while viewing some pics of a trip I went on, "Hey Mel, you are the fattest one in this pic!" I couldn't believe the lack of tact. I acted like I didn't hear her. She repeated it louder...and my not so christian angry reflexes responded with "Funny...kinda like you in this clinic, right?!" Not nice...but man it felt good.

Anonymous said...

OH. MY.
What are people thinking?!?!
They're insane...you're beautiful, girl, inside AND OUT!

Courtney said...

Thanks gals..its people like you that everyone needs :) It is motivating (I would love for my backside not to be a topic of conversation on a regular basis) but thankfully, I am reminded always by people who LOVE me that how my body is shaped is not the most important thing. I think that Satan really works to make us feel insecure about our bodies so that we lose focus on what is important.

I DO want to be healthy. My BMI is up there in the unhealthy range, so I do want to work on that. I do want to feel attractive for my husband, who tells me I am no matter what.

But, I do remind myself I have had two kids. My body isnt the same as it used to be. And, I am over 30 now. Such is life, and that is why we marry young and keep 'em for life cause as we get fatter they find other stuff to love us for! right?!

Love you Beautiful Girls!

Anonymous said...

EVERYTHING you just said is what I have dealt with and tell myself!

I too decided that for my mental AND physical health that I needed to do something. My dr. was telling me that I really needed to exercise in some way-shape-form since I was over 30 (and soon to be over 40!). I also have IBS and the exercise really helps. I must say, though, I wasn't able to do much of anything while my kids were young- so don't be too hard on yourself. I also still eat, believe me! That's why I MAKE myself run- it still isn't any fun, a year later!

Also- another thought- when people say that crap, they are usually insecure about themselves and are trying to find a way to make themselves feel ok about their insecurities. They actually KNOW you look fine, but they want the attention OFF them and on something/someone else. That's actually very sad.

SO- all that to say, HAVE A GREAT DAY, FRIEND! I'm taking a mental health day today- too stressed out at work!

Brandi said...

Courtney,
how sad that people who make comments like that will never know true friendship like you do. Remember the comments from your friends. To have real, true, loving friends, you have to be just that....and look...you are!!

I still remember a few of those harsh comments from my past...one of my favorites was while being approached by a guy handing out flyers and when he offered it to me, I said, (very nicely) "oh, no thank you" to which he replied "that's o.k., you're ugly anyway." Everytime that memory comes up, I try to replace it with one of many good comments made by loving friends. Those people get there's in the end.
I love you beautiful friend.