Thursday, April 30, 2009

For my Blog Stalker Friend

I wrote this a couple of weeks ago and had saved it because I didnt want to be too complainy..but this is for a friend ..she knows who she is (cough BLOG STALKER cough;)

Every "get organized" person I have ever read says that a great step toward order is to get up 15 minutes before the family.

All of these woman have never been in our house, or had a Canon Lee.

Amidst my abundance, I dont want to be mistaken for complaining..but I when these moments pass (people swear they will) I want to remember how much to appreciate my sleep then :)

Canon's wake up schedule this week as been, Sunday wake up at 6:35am, Monday wake up at 6:01am, Tuesday wake up at 6:01am, Wednesday wake at 5:30am ..mommy refuses this idea, and then wake up again at 6:45am..as close to sleeping in as we get around here. I sort of feel like I may never have the chance to sleep past 7am again. Ever.

My working every other weekend throws a kink in the weekend sleep-in concept. That leaves two Saturdays a month that are potential sleep in days. Since Adrian gets up every day at 6:15am, he gets to get up one of those mornings and I get the other one. This makes me get one sleep in Saturday morning a month.

Mine was last Saturday. We decided to go garage saling. I did still sleep til 7:30, so that is good..though once a month isnt quite enough of that! :)

Now, if I had one Adrian or one Canon we would be set in the sleep department because I could off set one or the other of them with sleep at other times. However, Adrian is a night owl and Canon is a morning dove ..we went to bed at after midnight last night!

Geez. I hope there are is a bed in heaven, cause I may not be able to sleep til I get there :)

Update: as of this morning, I have been able to be blessed for the last couple of weeks with most mornings' sleep until 7am as Adrian has been getting the kids for me between their wake up and his leaving at about 7:15am ..this, I most appreciate.

BUT, this morning at 6:35 I was awakened to a CAT staring at me, WHY? Well, its because she was making sure I got the point she made when she sat on top of me and PEED! Oh yes. She was letting me know that she didnt appreciate that I hadnt cleaned out her litter since yesterday and so to protest she sat on my bed and wet on me.

I realized in my half sleep what happened, sat up quickly to find her sitting next to my bed staring at me. "Did you just PEE on me?!" I asked her. Canon pops up (he was hiding in the bed somewhere) "..what?!" I assured him I wasnt talking to him ..and then chased the cat til I caught her and threw her out the back door.

What a way to wake up. Dumb cat.

So, how is THAT for real?! :)

3 comments:

Jason The Bald Guy said...

aren't stalkers fun! :)

melanie said...

Court...you are my friend. You are so sweet. That is HILARIOUS. now, not then, but now. :) I always love the realness of you blog. You are such a talented writer.

heart ya!! thanks again. :)

Brandi said...

I'm completely understanding you...I haven't been at it as long and therefore have much longer to go before sleep in days ever occur again, but I completely understand.
We're averaging 5:30-ish. Where was THAT in the "What to Expect" book? hmmm????